Ameriflight

Dang! That's not as bad as the company I interviewed with then...It's always been a dream of mine to fly those planes and I'm sure glad you guys gave me the scoop on the operations. When I got the offer to pay and be a lear sic to work like an animal for less than standard pay (in my opinion); I figured that's not for me. I'm all about money, and since corporate is such a mission to break into, this gives me a new idea!

Thanks.

When I look at Ameriflight’s route map it looks like they have a base in SAT. Is that correct and if so what types of equipment are on these routes. What types of equipment are based in Dallas? How difficult is it to get Dallas or San Antonio as a new AMF pilot?

When I look at Ameriflight’s route map it looks like they have a base in SAT. Is that correct and if so what types of equipment are on these routes. What types of equipment are based in Dallas? How difficult is it to get Dallas or San Antonio as a new AMF pilot?
There's kind of a SAT base. Both SAT and DFW are 100% outstation i think. So you live in middle of nowhere TX and spend nights in DFW/SAT. It's not too hard, as that's not crazy popular.

I have flown 135 out of SAT/DFW before and right now I live in SAT and I am looking at AMF because I would love to get some turbine time.

I have flown 135 out of SAT/DFW before and right now I live in SAT and I am looking at AMF because I would love to get some turbine time.

You'd have to be willing to move and then someday move to Del Rio or Corpus.

Thanks Douglas
That is fine with me. I was planning to move anyway.

Thanks z987k.
I believe I did something similar. Out of DAL at 0600 to LBB and AMA. Stay at AMA until 1700 for a trip back to LBB and DAL.

Would any trips on the SAT/DFW schedule be in a B-99?

There are a couple of 99 runs out of SAT, but as far as I know only 1 line that is based in SAT which is a reserve position.

You wouldn't be in SAT over weeekends.

So that I don’t misunderstand. You live at an outstation like Corpus or Midland (days and weekend) and you spend you weeknights in SAT. Does AMF provide housing at SAT/DFW or do you use the FBO sofa?

Thanks for all your info.
First I have to finish my current engagements and then I will send them a resume. Is it still a Frasca sim and Jepp plates?

Thanks for all your info.
First I have to finish my current engagements and then I will send them a resume. Is it still a Frasca sim and Jepp plates?
Don't forget to call and ask for Sheri. Best way to get an interview at AMF.

I wasn't trying to come off in a bad way, just wanted to let people know that they are hiring straight into the 99. There were 3 direct 99 hires in my class, and there were 4 99 upgrades the week I was in indoc, one of which spent only 3 weeks on the line as a Chieftain before being upgraded to the 99. There is a lot of movement within the company. There was even a guy who got hired straight into the Metro, and a guy who was hired straight into the Brasilia.

Back