Ameriflight hiring for First Officer program

Call the AMF recruiter(s).... I believe there is a number online. Heard they're nice. I'm not sure if it's one person,or multiple recruiters.

Hi FreightDogs
I have 775 TT Commercial, Instrument (84 Sim instrument/20 actual), MEL 43, 179 x-country, 21 night, CFI, Dispatcher Certificate. Do I have a shot? Is it possible to be based KBFI?
Thanks

Hi FreightDogs
I have 775 TT Commercial, Instrument (84 Sim instrument/20 actual), MEL 43, 179 x-country, 21 night, CFI, Dispatcher Certificate. Do I have a shot? Is it possible to be based KBFI?
Thanks
Email them and see. You'll make more as a CFI probably though.

Hi FreightDogs
Thanks

Also interested in KBFI. Although- last time I corresponded with AMF, they told me that KBFI is a senior base and you will not be posted there even as a F/O.

Hi FreightDogs
Thanks

Probably need to see some more multi-engine time there to be competitive. We're pretty well-staffed at the position currently (that makes one!)

Also interested in KBFI. Although- last time I corresponded with AMF, they told me that KBFI is a senior base and you will not be posted there even as a F/O.

This is pretty accurate, but as the FOs turnover and move to the 99, there are openings in all the Brasilia bases. It's really the only position that I can't tell you which base you'll be in before you start training though, as we have to see where the new FO is needed once you finish training.

Probably need to see some more multi-engine time there to be competitive. We're pretty well-staffed at the position currently (that makes one!)

This is pretty accurate, but as the FOs turnover and move to the 99, there are openings in all the Brasilia bases. It's really the only position that I can't tell you which base you'll be in before you start training though, as we have to see where the new FO is needed once you finish training.

Cool. Thanks for the info. Base assignment is pretty important to me (moreso than pay), so it would be helpful to have some sort of base guarantee before signing up. I understand this may not be possible, but it would help.

How much Multi-time would be my goal to be competitive? Thanks And I will also check on the 135.243C requirements

How much Multi-time would be my goal to be competitive? Thanks And I will also check on the 135.243C requirements
Around 75-100. There are many more openings for captains on 99s and PA-31s across the system. Closest I could foreseeably get to BFI in the future is PDX in the Chieftain.

Around 75-100. There are many more openings for captains on 99s and PA-31s across the system. Closest I could foreseeably get to BFI in the future is PDX in the Chieftain.
How are opportunities looking in Portland? I am looking at early spring 2017 so about 17 months from now to make the career change jump.

Last edited:
Back