Ameriflight hiring for First Officer program

The paychecks I'm receiving now on guarantee (first year regional excluding per diem) are the same I was receiving on the Brasilia. I had fun and am glad I choose to do it, but I would only suggest doing it if you're well below ATP/135 mins and need to build time.

Yeah its the 82% paycut that would hurt :)

@FreightDogs

Thanks a lot for all your hints on here.

I'm currently employed with another operator, but I'll be available in June of this year with 900-1000TT, but only 19 Multi. Since my total time is short of the FAR 135 IFR mins, I'm interested in SIC positions. From what I have heard on here so far, I think the best opportunities would be either as a EMB-120 F/O or in the "PA-31 Upgrade Program"
Also, I am interested in the KBFI and KBUR bases.

A few questions:
For the EMB-120 F/O program, is the 100hrs multi time a hard minimum?
For the PA-31 Upgrade Program, is flying SIC in the PA-31 loggable for ATP? ie. do the ops specs require it?
And how likely is it to get either the KBFI or KBUR bases in either of these roles?
(EMB-120 F/O or PA-31 Upgrade)

Thanks Again, FD!

My pleasure. I hope my posts have been helpful to anyone reading.

To address your questions, @futurevagabondpilot:
1) 100 multi is not a hard min, but something at which we have to take a good look. You would need to be close.
2) We have a waiver that enables the "SIC" to log time in the right seat of the Chieftain, but the OpSpecs do not require an SIC for the PA31. The only aircraft that requires a crew of 2 is the Brasilia. PA31, BE99, BE1900, and Metro are all flown single-pilot. You would occasionally fly with an F/O in one of those aircraft that is building time, but that's for another thread.
3) BFI does not have Chieftains, so that's out. Seattle IS a Bro' base, however. We recently upgraded an F/O out of the E120 and into a 99 captain position there, so I would imagine chances are better for another base. The F/O would be sent wherever there is a need, and is typically one of the positions I won't be able to tell you where you're going until after you start class. BUR does not typically support the PA31 Upgrade program for reasons I will not bore you with, and there are currently no Brasilias based there. Sorry.

FD

@FreightDogs

Your response was extremely helpful- and it is truly appreciated!

One thing I didn't understand- could you explain more about this "waiver" and how it works?

Is it a waiver that says that all former pilots of AMF's PA-31 Upgrade Program have a waiver for CFR 61.159(c)(1) ?
Or a waiver saying that just for the purposes of AMF's PA-31 Upgrade Program, a SIC is required on these PA-31 flights? (ie. would pull it into CFR 61.159(c)(1)(iii) ?

Not trying to be difficult- I just want to how this works.

Thanks a lot!

Is 500tt a hard limit? I applied either way with 340tt.
I knew a 350 hour Guy hired flying SIC
A- 360 that was very low time doing 135 freight out of Wisconsin all over.
they canned the training depArtment, so maybe they're better now

I knew a 350 hour Guy hired flying SIC
A- 360 that was very low time doing 135 freight out of Wisconsin all over.
they canned the training depArtment, so maybe they're better now

I heard the same, so i applied either way. Thanks though

@FreightDogs

I had a couple of questions, this is over the horizon planning though. I am currently on active duty for for a little over a year to go. But I have 1100tt/140ME. I should have 135 minimums before I get off active duty and back to a reserve status. A couple of questions I have are.

Can you apply directly for a certain base? In my case it would be going for OAK.
Does any Flight Engineer time count towards 135 mins as it does towards the ATP?
I went through ATP for my ratings, and built my time flying jumpers, but will be flying on the C-5M for the reserves so I was curious as if that time would count for anything.

Thankyou.

@FreightDogs

I had a couple of questions, this is over the horizon planning though. I am currently on active duty for for a little over a year to go. But I have 1100tt/140ME. I should have 135 minimums before I get off active duty and back to a reserve status. A couple of questions I have are.

Can you apply directly for a certain base? In my case it would be going for OAK.
Does any Flight Engineer time count towards 135 mins as it does towards the ATP?
I went through ATP for my ratings, and built my time flying jumpers, but will be flying on the C-5M for the reserves so I was curious as if that time would count for anything.

Thankyou.

Whoops! Sorry I just saw this reply. My apologies.

1) Yes you can - but not to a specific route. We typically hire someone specifically for a base and aircraft type.
2) No. Sorry.

We're currently staffed at the F/O position.

Back