Ameriflight hiring for First Officer program

@FreightDogs I was planning on sending an application one of these days. Currently just shy of 1000 hours with about 130 Multi. what would be the best position/base to apply for. I was looking into the FO program because am not quite yet at 135 IFR PIC.

What does the typical schedule looks like for an FO?
Is it commutable?
What are the chances to get a 99, 1900 or Metroliner position after reaching 135 IFR PIC mins?
Send it in! Realistically, we look at lower time pilots for the F/O position. It would serve you better to enter the company at 135 minimums, where we hire directly into the PA31 and BE99, depending on base.

Chances of getting 1900 or Metro are zero, we require 2,500 TT, and only hire captains. 1900 hasn't gone to street hire lately either.

Thanks for the info! I would like to join this company, I think it will be a great experience.
But because of my family situation I'm not really sure about the commuting.
I live in Dallas right now, what are the runs out of Dallas right now?
Dallas is almost all outstation based. LBB, MAF, PPA and F05 all have BE99s stationed there. I think our DFW ACP might be on this forum, he is much better informed than I am on individual routes. The only outbound flights FROM DFW are in 1900s and SA227s.

Chances of getting 1900 or Metro are zero, we require 2,500 TT, and only hire captains. 1900 hasn't gone to street hire lately either.
Unless the new management forced this requirement O find this unlikely. I was in the metro at 1800TT.

A guy was hired directly into the BE1900 about a year ago. He had previous King Air time, and quite a few hours total (4000? maybe). He left part way through training for a better job.

A guy was hired directly into the BE1900 about a year ago. He had previous King Air time, and quite a few hours total (4000? maybe). He left part way through training for a better job.

There have been 1900 and metro new hires here and there. Typically for CVG bases (CVG, LAN, SDF)

Heck I would apply for a straight in position if they guarantee me BUR as a base. Married and not willing to relocate. 135 mins met and exceeded.

A friend of mine is connected to a higher up in their training department here I think. I know they don't pay well if you just look at the salary, but when you consider they have been VERY stable as a business for years and that they do indeed promote regularly, plus the value of the hours, I think its a good avenue to start............in a vastly underpaid industry of course.

13 flows and 5-6 memory items is cake imo. Go for it those who are indeed considering.

Heck I would apply for a straight in position if they guarantee me BUR as a base. Married and not willing to relocate. 135 mins met and exceeded.

A friend of mine is connected to a higher up in their training department here I think. I know they don't pay well if you just look at the salary, but when you consider they have been VERY stable as a business for years and that they do indeed promote regularly, plus the value of the hours, I think its a good avenue to start............in a vastly underpaid industry of course.

13 flows and 5-6 memory items is cake imo. Go for it those who are indeed considering.

I know we have a ton of people TDY out there right now so I would say that there is a pretty good chance they could make that work. @FreightDogs

I know we have a ton of people TDY out there right now so I would say that there is a pretty good chance they could make that work. @FreightDogs
I might think about that actually. Problem I have is that I am in a really great CFII gig and I fly a P210 and Baron, Pt 91. Netting me easily three times what I could get at AmFlight per day. If it wasn't for the Baron time though, I would be knocking on their door. As it sits now, I am getting 250 per day three days per week for sweet part 91 time in the 210 or Baron plus around 50-60 hours per month of Dual Given at 40 per hour. Thats going to be hard to beat for Ameriflight. Then again...if one doesn't ask, one doesn't really know, right? hehe

Just wanted to bump this thread. We're looking for Brasilia F/Os at this time. General requirements are 550 TT / 100 ME, we like to have the F/O in the Brasilia for the better part of a year then have them transition to the BE99 once they meet 135.243(c).

Shoot me a resume at recruiting@ameriflight.com if you're interested.

Yeah, but $25K a year...right in the feels.

The paychecks I'm receiving now on guarantee (first year regional excluding per diem) are the same I was receiving on the Brasilia. I had fun and am glad I choose to do it, but I would only suggest doing it if you're well below ATP/135 mins and need to build time.

Back