Ameriflight Duty Day

So it's possible to get hired into the metroliner? I'm a 980/70 MEII and looking at places to go sometime at the end of this summer and have my eye on dirty turboprop planes. Really have no desire to go to the regionals. I'd also like to stay around Boston but I think that'd be a pipe dream at AMF?

We have flights in the metro that go to the Boston area (KBED). It includes a long layover every once in a while. That said you will not touch a T-prop with those times (for good reason). You would have to start in a PA-31 and go from there.

People do get hired directly into the Metro but they usually have over 2000TT with a ton of multi or turbine.

We have flights in the metro that go to the Boston area (KBED). It includes a long layover every once in a while. That said you will not touch a T-prop with those times (for good reason). You would have to start in a PA-31 and go from there.

People do get hired directly into the Metro but they usually have over 2000TT with a ton of multi or turbine.

Good to know! KBED is where I teach which is why I asked :)

Based on observation only and it could be wrong. BUF, CVG, and MIA. Someone more motivated can look at our schedule. That thing is hard on the eyeballs! :)

How quickly would one be able to get to SDF or CVG? I had been looking at SJU since I know a girl there, but SDF would be nice since I'm from BNA. Of course I would have to get hired first, but just thinking ha.

Basically if I had this run, I would be a very happy camper:
2312 M Be-1900 2312 Smyrna-MQY Louisville-SDF 2330 0120
2312 Tu-F Be-1900 9313 Louisville-SDF Smyrna-MQY 2200 2200
2312 Smyrna-MQY Louisville-SDF 2330 0120
2312 Sa Be-1900 2313 Louisville-SDF Knoxville-TYS 0445 0540
9313 Knoxville-TYS Smyrna-MQY 0610 0555

Seems like there's a CVG bid once a month or two. There's a TON right now. Probably not very long once you get some flight time, considering most don't want to go there(for good reason). Time wise, Burbank seems pretty stubborn about not putting guys in Metros with less than 300 hours turbine right now. No real requirement for the 1900, particularly for Midland Texas. haha

I say, do the right thing and go to "the rock". Probably the only cool flying Ameriflight does. :)

Loverofjoy ain't ever leaving that run until one day he wakes up and goes the plane and
image.jpg

Still waiting on that Heifer, Julio.

I want that damn MLI run! Even though it's a candy-ass 1900. :p

THAT guy ain't goin anywhere though from what I've heard about the guy from a guy that works line service at Elliot Aviation. :)

Seems like there's a CVG bid once a month or two. There's a TON right now. Probably not very long once you get some flight time, considering most don't want to go there(for good reason). Time wise, Burbank seems pretty stubborn about not putting guys in Metros with less than 300 hours turbine right now. No real requirement for the 1900, particularly for Midland Texas. haha

I say, do the right thing and go to "the rock". Probably the only cool flying Ameriflight does. :)

AMF does some damn cool flying in the non-type rated stuff. Especially the pa31 on the cost. VFR is WAY WAY cooler than any IFR flying.
You know this.

I didn't realize they do VFR flying too

eightballfreight I'm pretty sure that is where he bounced to. I know he was in a pool when they had a small one going but I have heard from some peeps that he may have gone to SkyWest instead.

How quickly would one be able to get to SDF or CVG? I had been looking at SJU since I know a girl there, but SDF would be nice since I'm from BNA. Of course I would have to get hired first, but just thinking ha.

Basically if I had this run, I would be a very happy camper:
2312 M Be-1900 2312 Smyrna-MQY Louisville-SDF 2330 0120
2312 Tu-F Be-1900 9313 Louisville-SDF Smyrna-MQY 2200 2200
2312 Smyrna-MQY Louisville-SDF 2330 0120
2312 Sa Be-1900 2313 Louisville-SDF Knoxville-TYS 0445 0540
9313 Knoxville-TYS Smyrna-MQY 0610 0555

The metro version of that run is also based there and I know that guy has no plans on leaving any time soon. The BE1900 guy is new so it could be a while before he wants to go anywhere as well.

There are rumors going around about MQY turning into one Bro replacing both the 1900 and the Metro.

The speed for you to get to CVG or SDF depends on what kind of flight time yo have already. Took me a year to grab a metro slot. I came into the company at 100 multi so that would be why. Some get direct hired into CVG if they have a ton of multi and/or turbine experience. Personally I would not recommend going to CVG/SDF. Not worth it.

Back