Ameriflight Bro F.O.

On the bro average about 4.0-4.5 a day 2-3 times a week. Metro 4-6hrs a day 3-4 tims a week.

Also they just hired 1 maybe 2 FO's so they probably aren't looking for any. But like others have said you need to talk directly with Sheri. That's how I got the job, my co-worker and I dropped are resumes with her at a career fair. Both got a call a couple months later asking if we were interested. I gave my resume with about 700tt and started training with about 900tt the other guy started training with 600tt.

Last edited:
At the moment, pretty slim. Another position that may be worth pursuing as a low time guy is Chieftan training captain. They may hire a sub 500 he guy for that position.

I'll see if I can find someone to ask about it and get back to you guys.

Depending on how they feel in BUR at the time, be prepared to fly the bro longer than you agreed to and past 135 mins, be prepared to threaten to quit if they don't honor it, or be prepared to put your money where you mouth is and bail. Not a bad option for a low time guy that wants to build time not cfi'ing or other things, just go in eyes open.

Depending on how they feel in BUR at the time, be prepared to fly the bro longer than you agreed to and past 135 mins, be prepared to threaten to quit if they don't honor it, or be prepared to put your money where you mouth is and bail. Not a bad option for a low time guy that wants to build time not cfi'ing or other things, just go in eyes open.

Yup this is great advice. If I don't get upgraded the day my contract expires I'm out of here.

At the moment, pretty slim. Another position that may be worth pursuing as a low time guy is Chieftan training captain. They may hire a sub 500 he guy for that position.

I'll see if I can find someone to ask about it and get back to you guys.

They can't hire a training captain with less than 500 hours. You need to meet VFR PIC Part 135 minimums.

They are rumored to be negotiating to lower the 1200hr down to 800hr with an approved training program than so many xxxhrs with training captain online.

They are rumored to be negotiating to lower the 1200hr down to 800hr with an approved training program than so many xxxhrs with training captain online.

That would be a tough sell, as that 1200 hour minimum is written in part 135. There's no precedent for having lowered time requirements for a PIC. Sounds like a bad rumor to me.

They've posted looking for PA-31 captains at 900 hours, which they'll SIC qualify people until they get to 1200 hours, I know that much.

We may or may not be getting another contract out of BQN as well. There's a push to get A LOT more flying out of BQN. Not just on Brasilias. Whatever fleet changes they're planning to make, it seems like it will happen here first.

Personally, I wouldn't do it if you have 135 mins, or can get 135 mins in the next 6 months. You're stuck on that thing for a year or more. Chieftain->99->type rated airplane takes about 8 months these days.

Last edited:
Back