Ameriflight Beechcraft 99 crash

and AVIS,
they must have a 300,000 sq ft warehouse just outside Council Bluff Iowa,
that is still 2/3rds full of tractor feed continuous form duplicate receipt paper
At ExpressJet one of us would have to get “the paperwork” and it was usually at a gate printer. Dot matrix, super loud, you know the kind. I always did find it oddly satisfying folding it hot dog style and ripping off the sides in one clean go. Kinda like when the scissors slide on wrapping paper.

You’d always try to do it fast before a passenger came along to ask where baggage claim or the toilets were.

paper-scrap-dot-matrix-printer-260nw-1508790254.jpg

Last edited:
Not in that report :-/

Looks like the hatch peeled back, very similar where I've seen it go when in flight. Ironically enough, the hatch in the video appears to be one of the ones they install AFTER it’s already been ripped open in flight once. That specific one iirc tends to not depart the plane entirely, but rather flip up and wedge in the position the footage shows.

Any update on the pilot?

Very interesting. OP said this was Ameriflight, is that somehow connected to Wiggins?
Wiggins was always straight freight, but in the before times, they at least were managed (Mx & Crews) pretty well. You can kinda suss that simply by looking at how long Wiggins was a successful thing (whatever that means in aviation) before they got bought for their capital equipment.

Every good thing always seems to get bought by some Turd Sandwich who only wants to exploit the thing for its income or assets; No thought whatsoever for how that thing supports its local community/economy.

Six or so years before Wiggins was started, a great American poet from Wiggins' home state wrote a poem about that: "NOTHING GOLD CAN STAY".

Last edited:
Tell me you leave the autopilot on until 500 feet on every single landing without saying you leave the autopilot on until 500 feet on every single landing. 🙄
I turn it on way earlier than all the FOs that enjoy watching the PM (me) load up with ATC, alt changes, speeds, directs, etc. leaving the busy terminal environment so they can feel super cool modulating pitch and chasing the magenta line while the thrust levers are in the detent.

BUT they all get very uncomfortable when I tell them I’m turning the FD off on approach in VMC. Two years on the plane and I’ve had zero FOs do that. Just me I guess trying to be proficient on a real visual?

I turn it on way earlier than all the FOs that enjoy watching the PM (me) load up with ATC, alt changes, speeds, directs, etc. leaving the busy terminal environment so they can feel super cool modulating pitch and chasing the magenta line while the thrust levers are in the detent.

BUT they all get very uncomfortable when I tell them I’m turning the FD off on approach in VMC. Two years on the plane and I’ve had zero FOs do that. Just me I guess trying to be proficient on a real visual?

Oh no. The dreaded “I have to turn a knob and respond to ATC while you’re handflying.”

I guess only “The Real Stuff” can pull that off.

Back