Ameriflight Beechcraft 99 crash

Burrito

You ARE Freaking out. Man.
Departed MHT as WIG1046 headed to PQI.
Aircraft crash in Londonderry NH in powerlines behind Colonial Drive. Pilot is alive, but trapped in the bird. Elliot Hospital is on alert. Sounds like N53RP.
By the looks of it, lost an engine and attempted to return to the field.
received_1073148624006569.jpeg

I tried to get ATC live for the time period, but “file not found”. Prolly doing it wrong. Sure looks like a partial panel flight path to me, or control problems?

I wonder if the hatch maybe popped off. His comms background noise was significantly higher the second time around, and would explain lack of comms. From guys I know that had it happen, first thing is usually rips your headset off with such force it shatters it or takes it outta the plane.
Hope he recoverys quickly.

The 99 is the only plane I never enjoyed flying.

An empty C model 99 was pretty fun to yank and bank. I didn't mind flying it. The door opening could be a plausible theory as that would explain the almost complete lack of comms. Also, maybe it caused injury. This is a weird crash...

An empty C model 99 was pretty fun to yank and bank. I didn't mind flying it. The door opening could be a plausible theory as that would explain the almost complete lack of comms. Also, maybe it caused injury. This is a weird crash...

Twitchy, loud, and still underpowered…and the damn trim.

Yea, the track reminds of the dreaded “1 lock is in, i might be able to quickly relatch it” trap ive seen a few times. Training guys in it I always tried to reiterate THATS IMPOSSIBLE. Just leave it be. One will hold. Another issue is the wind pressure/moisture makes the pilot lean to about 1 inch from the glare just to see the instruments.

Back