Ameriflight 208

pwa

Heard that Amerifight was going to get some caravans. Anyone hear anything about this?

Yup it's true. I heard from a check airman who was in Burbank that he saw the training program being written. Should be online by summer and replace most 99's that are in non mountainous areas. so we can expand more bases and start new bases for various customers. Also heard that Saab 340's being evaluated along with RJ's. Really it's true the check airman said so.

The feelings I have been getting is that they will be used to bid on other Van feeder routes as well. It will be an entry aircraft before the PA31, which will be interesting to see how they work this...

The feelings I have been getting is that they will be used to bid on other Van feeder routes as well. It will be an entry aircraft before the PA31, which will be interesting to see how they work this...
there goes the best recruitment line of build multi time fast we only fly twins

Thats why I said it will be interesting to see how they work this. I think its a good move though thats for sure.

95% chance that vans will never show at AMF. This is just getting things set up that there could be a possibility if it was ever deemed a need. Cards say, don't worry.

I remember reading before a quote from the president of amf that he didn't like them and would never consider buying them.

You can't argue the dollars and cents of that airplane. I wouldn't surprised if it has lower long-term operating costs than a Chieftain. Plus that PT-6 is a damn sight more reliable than any Lycoming. It's a business and I would hope that AMF would find a way to maximize their profits... while paying the pilots a living wage, of course.

Though it must be said that I still get such mixed criticisms of the 208 in ice. I don't have any experience with it, so I don't know what to believe.

I would hope amflight doesn't get the 208 because then it would not be a company with all multi airplanes
If I was going to fly 208s I would pick a fedex feeder before amflight.

I would hope amflight doesn't get the 208 because then it would not be a company with all multi airplanes
If I was going to fly 208s I would pick a fedex feeder before amflight.
It isn't like AMF would go for an all van fleet. There will still be 99s, metros, 1900s and EMB-120s. That said. AMF starts at 1200TT while FedEx requires 2000TT. By the time you get to 2000TT you would be upgrading into a 99.

I dont have a dog in this fight, but you cant argue with AMF for wanting to go with the van. It just makes sense from a business perspective. The feeder business is cut throat, and you have to give yourself every advantage you can.

To be quite honest, I wouldn't work for amflight and fly a caravan. No way in hell.

It stands to reason that the career-experience to pay-scale of single engine turbine is absolutely pointless. It's messed up, but unless you just want to build total time or end up at a 208 operator long term, nobody gives a rat's ass about Caravan experience. And that of course is just another horrific hypocrisy of our industry.

This rumor spread fast.

You know, I haven't heard a cargo "rumor" yet that wasn't true. But this one comes from a forum, so who knows.

-----

Many people are going to pull the chute; pull it hard and pull it fast.

Back