AMERICAN HIRING June 2022.

Im glad someone with a brain picked up on it..
the point If the posting also to say a descent chunk of these rumored 45 is MQ with being nearly 1/4 of MQ DX leaving just in these 2 classes alone

Wow! If that’s the case that’s an amazing recruiting point for Envoy.

Wow! If that’s the case that’s an amazing recruiting point for Envoy.

Looks like someone got rejected from AA/MQ… don’t be salty others have moved up and gotten calls, hopefully one day you will :)

Dont be salty when someone like myself just expanded on your post when you said it was 4 confirmed. Dispatch is a small world and working different places you make a lot of connections.

exactly why people go there, certainly isn’t for for pay

I thought it was because they were willingly trying to contribute to the plasma banks for a good cause. :sarcasm:

MQ bros need to chill. 20-40 years ahead of you at a fine operation.

Last edited:
Looks like someone got rejected from AA/MQ… don’t be salty others have moved up and gotten calls, hopefully one day you will :)

Dont be salty when someone like myself just expanded on your post when you said it was 4 confirmed. Dispatch is a small world and working different places you make a lot of connections.

I’m not sure why you would think that my comment was negative about envoy.

Wow Envoy must have the best of the best?

More like they know DECS and have been basically interviewing for AA since Day 1 at MQ. Managers talk about performance, absences, progression (extra committee positions), OT and how you get along with everyone. People that refuse to train, work the bare minimum, overfuel and put alternates on are probably not at the top of the list.

More like they know DECS and have been basically interviewing for AA since Day 1 at MQ. Managers talk about performance, absences, progression (extra committee positions), OT and how you get along with everyone. People that refuse to train, work the bare minimum, overfuel and put alternates on are probably not at the top of the list.
Isn’t American switching out of DECS?

whatever AA does, MQ will do exactly the same and if not sooner.. MQ already has multiple personal working on the transition to FlightKeys.

Sidenote on FlightKeys, with SW also going to FlightKeys as well. With the recent history of SW taking handfuls from MQ compared to the pre-Covid world of only taking 1-2.. it’s safe to say even if you take alittle less pay (MQ is now paying nearly $20 an hour) it’s a direct link into AA and gives you a solid look at SW.

Just looking at the numbers it’s around 15-20 to SW from MQ in the past year, another 25-30 to AA… that’s nearly 1/4 to 1/5 of SW hires and 1/3 of AA is directly from 1 regional. With Envoy likely being near the top in FlightKeys at regionals, rhe trend isn’t likely to stop either

Have you ever been at a shop that rolled out new software? Deadlines are usually pushed out and sometimes the software is scrapped entirely. I doubt this with FlightKeys but it may be a minute before DECS is sunset.

I think the new plan is March for AA and Fall/Winter for Envoy. SW is probably letting them beta test it and get a better version

Have you ever been at a shop that rolled out new software? Deadlines are usually pushed out and sometimes the software is scrapped entirely. I doubt this with FlightKeys but it may be a minute before DECS is sunset.

I think the new plan is March for AA and Fall/Winter for Envoy. SW is probably letting them beta test it and get a better version

Wouldn't be surprised if SW tries for Spring/Summer 2023 once it's given time. I think Winter 2022 is too soon.

International dispatchers are starting training classes now. International divisions scheduled start to get flight keys in September. Domestic scheduled to start cutting over next April.

Flight Keys will replace some things but not all things in DECS. JR mask, weather, NOTAMs, position reports, some MEL penalties, enroute flight plans, enroute re-routes will all be in FlightKeys. Anything weight and balance and takeoff performance data will still be in DECS. Aerodata is supposed to at some point be rolled out to incorporate weight and balance and takeoff performance into Flightkeys but no timeline announced. Diversion entries, crew scheduling stuff, delay postings, etc will be in DECs for the foreseeable future.

Im from MQ...and the above is not true.

Last edited:
Im from MQ...and the above is not true.

They’re just quoting the line ole Whiskey and friends sells you. Depending on when they went to AA, it might seem like the truth.

It doesn’t really align with the actual Pre/Post COVID hiring practices.

Can anyone confirm if they received or know someone that received a call from AA either on Friday or today? I thought more calls would go out on Monday.

Back