American Eagle pilots finally stand up

In my opinion, there are two things that need to happen in order to completely reshape this industry. The first has already been stated. As Seggy said, the majors have to be made fully responsible for any incident/accident that happens at a regional. This will force them to care about more than just the price point of the contractor. It will force them to care about the experience, training, attitude, and overall culture that comes along with that price point.

The second thing that has to happen is the removal of longevity incentives that entice people to make careers at the regionals. Start FOs at a decent wage so that you can get good people in the door. Keep CA pay right around the current fourth or fifth year pay so as to encourage people to leave. Start people with 12 or 13 days off per month, but take away the schedules that have 19 or 20. You could also keep 401K match at a modest level and keep PTO at one or two weeks no matter how many years the pilot has been with the company. I really feel that the minute people can have a better life at a regional airline than at a major is the minute that that particular airline begins to fail. And this is where I tie my response back in to this thread.

Every response so far has congratulated the Eagle MEC for turning down what was more than likely a really crappy offer. While yes, it is a great thing that a pilot group finally said no more, we also have no idea what the actual details in the offer were. We all assume that the "B-Scale" that was offered was for lower pay rates across the board. What if, and this is a huge what if, the "B-Scale" that was rejected was actually just a removal of the longevity pay scale? What if the offer was actually for all FOs to make $40/hr and all CAs to make $65/hr? Get people in the door and then encourage them to leave. Would that really be that bad?

The deal did have a bit of that in it. It increased our min flow to AA/US to 25/ month (from 20 - woohoo) and if the senior guys elected not to go to either carrier (because we would be able to go to both) they would be pay frozen at their current rate. I'm glad they said no. We already gave once to the tune of 45 mil. Parker can go bug someone else for 35 mil more in concessions.

Doesn't Eagle already have a clause in place against furloughs? Where a large number of new hires must be AE pilots if they furlough AE guys? So thus what's the point in making a b scale or forcing a lifer to AA or freeze his rate? They want to close AE at the current rate then get ready for full AA classes of AE pilots...... Seems in the end there was ZERO benefit to accepting.

Side note..... Our President here at PSA keeps suggesting new planes are coming. We've heard this for years but it seems things are starting to look possible. I'm uncertain these planes ever were for AE due to cost vs peers. I hate to say it but we have a good contract for a regional but it still doesn't touch AE concession contract. I hope nothing but the best for Eagle guys but we all will find out shortly how this is about to play out.

Doesn't Eagle already have a clause in place against furloughs? Where a large number of new hires must be AE pilots if they furlough AE guys? So thus what's the point in making a b scale or forcing a lifer to AA or freeze his rate? They want to close AE at the current rate then get ready for full AA classes of AE pilots...... Seems in the end there was ZERO benefit to accepting.

Side note..... Our President here at PSA keeps suggesting new planes are coming. We've heard this for years but it seems things are starting to look possible. I'm uncertain these planes ever were for AE due to cost vs peers. I hate to say it but we have a good contract for a regional but it still doesn't touch AE concession contract. I hope nothing but the best for Eagle guys but we all will find out shortly how this is about to play out.

Thanks for answering. Even if Wacos questions would have been for other intent, there are those like me who peruse through these threads and are curious.

Why would you think WacoFan questions would be for other intents? They seemed like good questions to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

pullup said:
Mkay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Waco is a valuable member to our community. It's a shame his questions are not answered with honesty and intellect. Perhaps here soon he will be respected in this forum.

Doesn't Eagle already have a clause in place against furloughs? Where a large number of new hires must be AE pilots if they furlough AE guys?

Yes, if merger takes place 95% of the seniority list is furlough protected. However ALPA lawyers are now saying to the MEC, that provision of our contract won't hold up.

Yes, if merger takes place 95% of the seniority list is furlough protected. However ALPA lawyers are now saying to the MEC, that provision of our contract won't hold up.

Sounds like ALPA lawyers alright.

Likely the same ALPA lawyer who told the MEC that it would be a good idea to write up said contract language in the first place. ALPA, a pilots association, ran by lawyers.

Said DR and TG to the LECs during this proposal process. Part of their push to have this Airways proposal made a TA.

meyers9163 said:
Side note..... Our President here at PSA keeps suggesting new planes are coming. We've heard this for years but it seems things are starting to look possible.

They still talking E190's or something else?

Not really a "known source" so I wouldn't get too interested until it on AP or WorldNetDaily. Ya'll know WorldNetDaily is a reputable news source.

(*giggle*)

Sounds like ALPA lawyers alright.

Likely the same ALPA lawyer who told the MEC that it would be a good idea to write up said contract language in the first place. ALPA, a pilots association, ran by lawyers.

Frankly, pilots would be a lot better off if the lawyers were calling the shots. But they're not. Instead, lawyers give advice, pilots ignore it, and then the pilots get mad when things don't go well, and they still blame the lawyers who they ignored in the first place.

Frankly, pilots would be a lot better off if the lawyers were calling the shots. But they're not. Instead, lawyers give advice, pilots ignore it, and then the pilots get mad when things don't go well, and they still blame the lawyers who they ignored in the first place.

Well why then does it seem as if the language dreamed up by lawyers gets beaten by management every time?

Reference grumblings at Delta Air Lines in regards to TAJVs out of balance etc...

Back