American Airlines Flight 1005 Hits Light Pole At DFW

You can’t get the close out until the gate agent sends their end of the close out which is after they go down and remove the jetbridge. When you get the close out during pushback that’s usually early and ideal. That way you can type the numbers in during engine start and you aren’t moving.
AA doesn’t register out times (at hubs) until break release and the plane is pushed back a certain amount of feet. We hopefully get close out during push out. Often taxi out. If we don’t it’s because the ramp didn’t close it out or the gate agent didn’t close it out. And sometimes we get the load close out has been deleted and get the next revision. The captain reads what’s in the box / ecam during the taxi checklist and the FO reads the value on the close out.
Fascinating, didn't know that. Definitely explains the speech we got the other day. For MQ flights the gate agent closes their portion when everyone is sent down the jetbridge, ramp closes when the bags are loaded, provided we both signed fit for duty/release on cci/acars and the fuel has been sent and agrees with the release, the load planner hits the magic button to close the flight, printer spits out the closeout and TPS, we look it over and give thumbs up for the FAs to button up. Block out is doors and brake, no pushing required.

That’s such a stupid policy. I hate the idea of any “captain only” items because your first time doing something shouldn’t be on IOE or further down the road as a new captain.

The Bus policy was the same at VX. Tiller on both sides, but only the CA was allowed to taxi.

To your point though I had one CA say you're close to upgrade, so you wanna park it today?

Fascinating, didn't know that. Definitely explains the speech we got the other day. For MQ flights the gate agent closes their portion when everyone is sent down the jetbridge, ramp closes when the bags are loaded, provided we both signed fit for duty/release on cci/acars and the fuel has been sent and agrees with the release, the load planner hits the magic button to close the flight, printer spits out the closeout and TPS, we look it over and give thumbs up for the FAs to button up. Block out is doors and brake, no pushing required.
That’s how my regional days were too pretty much, it was weird at first when I got hired at airways.
Well, except on the Saab. I was always 10 early and pretty much on time. No Acars :cool:

The push back from the gate at hubs is an AA thing. I don’t know of other airlines that do it. If there is a ramp delay or edct time we have to put it in the acars so we get paid instead of waiting for the actual pushback. It can screw you on block in if the gate agent isn’t there to move the jetbridge as it blocks you in already.

Our 321 FO tiller triggers a FOQA warning event if it gets moved. Sigh.

:D

Hopefully that just means occurrences are being monitored in the aggregate ... a "is this happening frequently-enough that we need to breakout the posterboard and glitter" kind-of thing.

And if the gatekeepers contacted anyone about that happening, hopefully it was in the context of a larger concern. If everything is working as specified, the only people that even know which crew members were operating that flight are the gatekeepers.

We were told that in training as well. No clue if it does it or not. I’m not willing to risk anything to find out.

Ours actually does. I've seen the data points. It's also a reflection on the captain is god culture that we still have going on a bit.

And if the gatekeepers contacted anyone about that happening, hopefully it was in the context of a larger concern. If everything is working as specified, the only people that even know which crew members were operating that flight are the gatekeepers.

The crew contact I know about was specifically about this issue. The program mostly works as specified... with a few notable hiccups recently.

Back