American Airlines Flight 1005 Hits Light Pole At DFW

At AA they're competent enough pilots to taxi and fumble with the PA handset simultaneously. F/O's don't have enough experience or training to pick that sucka up and say "flight attendants: prepare for takeoff."

Through these doors walk the best trained crews, or something, and stuff.

So it’s a little like Jackpot Airlines over there AAt your AAirline? :)

American Eagle Airlines, Inc. pilots excluded.

2DF22F41-6B37-4CA2-A77E-7707056B57D3.jpeg

At AA they're competent enough pilots to taxi and fumble with the PA handset simultaneously. F/O's don't have enough experience or training to pick that sucka up and say "flight attendants: prepare for takeoff."

Through these doors walk the best trained crews, or something, and stuff.
*thinking* “why don’t you just push the PA button man?”

Heard the CA just tossed the keys up above the visor and walked off into the sunset. Those AA W/O guys are salivating right now as their flow just moved up by a number

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wonder what the procedure will be for those folding wingtips on the 777X. Prob just flip 'em and drop 'em with the flaps during taxi.

Unless things have changed since I left, the original plan was to have airports publish authorized extension areas in their AIP. Then Jepp or LIDO could pick it up and incorporate it into their taxi charts, sort of like they do for A380 approved taxi routes, or any existing taxiway restrictions due to wingspan or wheelbase. What that means is a lot of measuring in AutoCAD with satellite images and a lot of meetings going through the airports one by one. It made for long days at the office at times. Glad I'm flying now instead

FO does it on taxi out (always nice when it comes during pushback / engine start ) but we are taught to say “I’m going heads down for a minute”.
The huh?
We get the closeout, compare count/zones then give the FAs thumbs up to close the door. Things done differently at the big boys?
Would explain why a certain station that's sOOmeOOne else's headquarters was having a fit with us the other day

The huh?
We get the closeout, compare count/zones then give the FAs thumbs up to close the door. Things done differently at the big boys?
Would explain why a certain station that's sOOmeOOne else's headquarters was having a fit with us the other day
I think it's pretty common at mainlines you can push without numbers. OO can't block out without them, so it's probably someone in SGU that can't fathom that their way isn't the only one.

The huh?
You can’t get the close out until the gate agent sends their end of the close out which is after they go down and remove the jetbridge. When you get the close out during pushback that’s usually early and ideal. That way you can type the numbers in during engine start and you aren’t moving.

Back