Allegiant Contract Vote Results

I could be wrong, but it seems like they have little competition on the routes that they fly, and the prices that they offer are so dirtily cheap that it's sickening (sick, just sick I tell you)! Of course yes they're skimping on the maintenance side of things, but if G4's execs can afford to purchase some new A320s and expand their operations to make some more profit, a little bit of a raise from what their pilots were making before the contract is in order!

Yes, 80% of their routes have 0 competition. I don't know of any other airline that can say that. They also have the lowest operating cost I've seen. I wouldn't be suprised if they remain as the most profitable airline even after the contract.

Yes, 80% of their routes have 0 competition. I don't know of any other airline that can say that. They also have the lowest operating cost I've seen. I wouldn't be suprised if they remain as the most profitable airline even after the contract.
Allegiant's CASM is actually around $0.08. They estimate an increase to CASM costs of around 5% or around 0.4 cents (no, not even half a penny increase in CASM) due to the new contract.

Of note, Spirit's CASM is actually 7.4, or around 8% less than Allegiant.

For comparison sake, Q1 2016, CASM costs, in cents:

DA: 14.74
UA: 14.65
AA: 14.14
AK: 11.70
SW: 11.11
HA: 10.47
JB: 10.21

Frontier 8.16
Allegiant: 8.07
Spirit: 7.43

Back