Alaska Hawaiian Merger?

Yeah, I can’t make heads or tails of it all, just repeating what the company has been saying. I’m like 12 from the bottom of lineholders in SFO and I can get days off I want and drop pretty close to min credit so….
I think they’ve been moving quite a bit off the flying SFO would normally do to other bases, hence why it doesn’t seem that bad for you guys.

With 41 days of vacation and already getting 20 days off in a regular month without vacation, who’s gonna take an early out?

At 12th yr rate, 500k (or more) is doable. I don’t see people walking away from half a mil /yr. Unless forced to.

Just look at how many early retirements we have. Way too many guys retiring all the way up to 65. And quite a few are pissed that Age 67 failed.

There are also tons that would punch out early if it was worth it. I am not saying 800 people will take it but I wouldn't be surprised to see it offered.

90% in base in seat and got 24 days off next month with 7 vacation days. PBS has been awesome.

You're lucky you're not in a base where every single weekend is unstacked. I used 11 days of vacation and the best I could manage was 18. Simply because the 19th was a weekend. I've tried dozens of times already but I can not trade this day to a later day in the month. Since the staffing requires 36 and there are only 30 pilots available that day.

In fact I've tried and can't trade any weekend days at all.

Screenshot in case @word302 doesn't believe me and wants to call me dishonest/liar:

Screenshot 2024-09-18 212533.png

You're lucky you're not in a base where every single weekend is unstacked. I used 11 days of vacation and the best I could manage was 18. Simply because the 19th was a weekend. I've tried dozens of times already but I can not trade this day to a later day in the month. Since the staffing requires 36 and there are only 30 pilots available that day.

Screenshot in case @word302 doesn't believe me and wants to call me dishonest/liar:

View attachment 79810

I got unstacked every single weekend on reserve for October. I was on the computer at 9am on the 16th for trading, and got every single weekend off now by shifting days.

View attachment 79810
He bid a line. You keep referring to days off in a row, everyone else is referring to total days off for the month. The person below you also bid a line. Yes he's working a 2-day on the 19th and 20th but I imagine it will be pretty easy to get rid of. You could've had the whole month off.

He bid a line. You keep referring to days off in a row, everyone else is referring to total days off for the month. The person below you also bid a line. Yes he's working a 2-day on the 19th and 20th but I imagine it will be pretty easy to get rid of. You could've had the whole month off.

I care about days off in a row so I can travel. I'm not trying to stay home and build models of airplanes for the I love me room lol

I looked up the SEA CA award list.

43 awarded reserves for Oct 19 for SEA CA.

36 required.

@BEEF SUPREME so 7 reserve guys on Oct 19 could have shifted their days around and been off on Oct 19.

If you were flying, next time, prioritize 16th at 9am off.

I was trying to get six days off in a row at the end of the month. So I can get more days off in a row. I can't do that and also get the 16th off so I can sit in front of a computer and play who can move days around the fastest.

The Stokholm Syndrome at this place is insane.

The person below you also bid a line. Yes he's working a 2-day on the 19th and 20th but I imagine it will be pretty easy to get rid of. You could've had the whole month off.
He can't be bothered to learn PBS/trading/rules or anything remotely QOL related. His days off are too valuable to prioritize the one effing morning in the month when the window opens.

Days off are for the boys, APC and scheiße posting on here, duh!

I was trying to get six days off in a row at the end of the month. So I can get more days off in a row. I can't do that and also get the 16th off so I can sit in front of a computer and play who can move days around the fastest.

The Stokholm Syndrome at this place is insane.

For Sept? You can have last 6 days of month off and still have the 16th off. You just have to bid accordingly. Though at your seniority, it looks like you get unstacked weekends. So last 6 days probably impossible.

ALL THE MORE REASON

For your QOL, you need to prioritize the 16th off and be ready at 9am.

To be fair, the guy below is a reduced block guy. He would not have held a 70 hr min line. Beefy can’t hold a like as a regular bid person.

Back