Alaska Hawaiian Merger?

I looked at the report and the only open time trips were when I was on vacation there wasn't enough trips at the end of the month to get the vacation low anyway. It's pointless.
No, you would've needed to be on a VRBO, which with as much bitching as you do I would think you would bid for it every time it's offered. Probably won't usually work out but worth trying, especially with 11 days of vacation.

I don't care what other people are awarded. I tried bidding for a line in May using my vacation and was rewarded with all red eyes. Why on earth would I do that again?

Dude. You are like in bottom 7 guys, for a base of 700+ CAs. Are you seriously beotching? What did people below you get in May? Did they also get redeyes? If so, then nothing is wrong. It’s all your seniority could hold.

To each their own. Frankly, I’d much rather have a redeye than a 5am wake-up call.

No, you would've needed to be on a VRBO, which with as much bitching as you do I would think you would bid for it every time it's offered. Probably won't usually work out but worth trying, especially with 11 days of vacation.

Yeah I guess when the stars align and those are actually offered I'll try and get them. Few and far between at best. I'd rather have a system where I can just count on a set number of days off every couple months. No bidding to try and luck out to get the 16th off. Hoping I can log in and trade super fast before everyone else bails on the day. Praying for a VBRO or IL. Just regularly scheduled large blocks of time off without any mental gymnastics.

Yeah I guess when the stars align and those are actually offered I'll try and get them. Few and far between at best. I'd rather have a system where I can just count on a set number of days off every couple months. No bidding to try and luck out to get the 16th off. Hoping I can log in and trade super fast before everyone else bails on the day. Praying for a VBRO or IL. Just regularly scheduled large blocks of time off without any mental gymnastics.

Being off at open time is how I’ve pulled all the magic over the years. I’ll specifically try to be off the entire day, or at the least, off at 9am to do trading.

My monthly credits, Jan-Oct, in order rounded to whole digits:

90 (so far)

Do you really think I could pull any of that without doing trades, swaps, drops?

I make it a priority to be off that day and be ready at 9am. My wife thanks me for the schedule changes I can do, and my wallet thanks me for the mooooola.

Wait can I call @word302 a dishonest liar now? Or can we all just admit that a simple way to get large blocks of time off, that once can opt into but is not forced into is kind of nice?

No he isn’t. Last month I told a FO that if he has more than 7 days vac and trying to do a VRBO, they’ll probably re-schedule the days above 7.

Oops. I legit didn’t know. Turns out you’re not eligible. I only found out about a week or two ago.

I’d normally never say this, but in Beefy’s case, you LITERALLY need to be more senior.

You are in that zone of take-what-you-get. And don’t complain.

After all, as you like to remind us all, there are 700 (?) FOs who have bypassed upgrade above you. There’s a reason they didn’t take the upgrade. You are living that reason right now.

I’d normally never say this, but in Beefy’s case, you LITERALLY need to be more senior.

You are in that zone of take-what-you-get. And don’t complain.

After all, as you like to remind us all, there are 700 (?) FOs who have bypassed upgrade above you. There’s a reason they didn’t take the upgrade. You are living that reason right now.
Yet the plug captain in every other base is living their best life.

Yet the plug captain in every other base is living their best life.

True.

But I will admit, SEA rsv sucks. There’s always a flight they can find for you. You’ll be used.

Me, LA rsv this month. Did a carry-in on Sept 1st. And nothing on reserve days so far.

So instead of sitting around all month, picked up on days off: Day trip, day trip, 2-day EWR, day trip, day trip. 84 hrs became 119 credit.

Livin the dream. I couldn’t do this as SEA reserve Captain.

True.

But I will admit, SEA rsv sucks. There’s always a flight they can find for you. You’ll be used.

Me, LA rsv this month. Did a carry-in on Sept 1st. And nothing on reserve days so far.

So instead of sitting around all month, picked up on days off: Day trip, day trip, 2-day EWR, day trip, day trip. 84 hrs became 119 credit.

Livin the dream. I couldn’t do this as SEA reserve Captain.
Agreed about Seattle. My last company-assigned flight was July 19th. I'll probably be close to, if not over 100 hours with conversion pay for the month. Likely get tagged with something this week though as there's very few of us left with 0 hours.

Incredibly rare? No. Hard for the bottom of the list in Seattle? Sure I'll give you that.

OK well I wasn't imagining things when I scraped together 6 days off in July from the 7-12th or something like that. Then had to work 6 days on 2 off until late August when I again got another 6 days after relentlessly trading days for nearly the entire month prior. It was almost 6 weeks of nothing but reserve where I was worked for 86 hours a month with one or two days off between 6 day blocks.

The sad thing is I know there are FOs who have the exact same schedule but no one will acknowledge that. I'm only suggesting we give people a way to get 24 days off in a row. That what probably 20 or 30 pages of back and forth on this thread is about.

It's pathetic.

Back