Alaska Hawaiian Merger?

I though that this was a Sabrina Carpenter post...

@ASpilot2be beat me to it. Who?

1725253263750.jpeg

She sounds more like CC

I’ve been through 2 JCBA and 2 binding SLIs. I know how the process works. I never made any of those comments that @Inverted referred to.

I don't think those comments were about you.

Anyway, I am maybe too naive or green to understand them, but sometimes the prognostications I hear on this board, and maybe even in real life from time to time, just don't make a lot of sense. I've seen more than a few logical leaps that I don't follow, especially in relation to this merger, and I guess to some extent, the VRBOs and SILs (or whatever they are called). I think there are probably changes coming, some of which won't be awesome, but I sincerely doubt they are the ones being tossed around here. People aren't very good at forecasting the future. If we were, we'd be prepared for each new conflict, rather than being caught with our pants down every time.

It will either be these rates, OR, a market rate adjustment based on the average of the big 5…. AA/DL/UA/SW/B6 rates added first, then divided by 5.

Or these 4% rates. Whichever is higher.

Dang son!

IMG_1907.jpg

Make sure to bend with your knees when you pick up the bag of money.

Just for fun, check out the old Alaskan contract rates when we got acquired:

View attachment 79548

Rookie numbers.

My first year in 2012 A320 was $44/hr.

Second year 2013 was $65/hr.

3rd yr was $75, but with the new payrates on April 2014, went to $86 for yr 3 pay:

IMG_1908.jpeg

I still remember the CA I was flying with when this payscale came out via email initially, and she commented “can they afford to do this, we (airline) aren’t making much money.”

How times changed!

Last edited:
The famous book/binder…

IMG_1909.jpeg

I especially liked our Chapter 1 merger protection. It LITERALLY stops mid sentence, as if management was typing it out and then thought, nah, who we kiddin?

IMG_1911.jpeg

I remember when my goal was just to make 100k a year to fly by the time I retire. It seemed so far away…

Granted, that was back when rent was 650, a new house was 200k and a week of groceries totaled <$50

I’m grateful for how it’s going, cus this is how it started. XJT Contract ‘04 with concessions in ‘08.

View attachment 79553

Reminds me of that show I watched when I was getting ready to start this career. Flying Cheap I believe it was called, mostly colgan pilots getting interviewed, talking about literally starving because the pay was so low.

That doc almost scared me away, but my nerdy self (yup that’s right @BEEF SUPREME ) couldn’t turn away without trying.

Back