Alaska Hawaiian Merger?

It's because few people have actually read the ALPA merger policy, and fewer still understand it.

All they know about is how they got screwed in X merger, or their buddy got screwed in Y merger, so they're going to get screwed in this merger.
Pretty sure every single one of ‘em has resulted in a lawsuit against ALPA except the latest one, and at least when I was briefed on the merger policy, the statute of limitations wasn’t up on the latest one yet.

Everyone’s going to SAY they got screwed no matter how well the Merger Committees do their thing. Whether they are actually screwed, another matter.

Was anyone else surprised by the surprise TA?

No. Not even remotely surprised. It's all pay and no QOL improvements. It's the perfect prequel to the JCBA and I can just hear the response now:

"That QOL issue wasn't worth the negotiation capital." Or my favorite "We'll get that on the next contract."

you really never have done this before have you

Only once. Voted no. Largely because of the position I'm in now: Bags of money and no time to do anything with it.

At this rate I'll be retired at 55 so I don't really care. I just think it's typical of AS. No one cares about anything other than big bags of money to show to their tech bro friends at the yacht club.

It's no way to live.

Only once. Voted no. Largely because of the position I'm in now: Bags of money and no time to do anything with it.

At this rate I'll be retired at 55 so I don't really care. I just think it's typical of AS. No one cares about anything other than big bags of money to show to their tech bro friends at the yacht club.

It's no way to live.
1725330159255.png

It's no way to live.
You obviously have no idea how this works. You don’t get to open any section of the contract in an extension other than pay rates. It has nothing to do with the pilot group that you loathe. It will simply keep the fat nerds from falling behind in pay during JCBA negotiations.

You obviously have no idea how this works. You don’t get to open any section of the contract in an extension other than pay rates. It has nothing to do with the pilot group that you loathe. It will simply keep the fat nerds from falling behind in pay during JCBA negotiations.

We have monthly MOUs that change the QOL picture for pilots here.

Pay isn't the issue. I guess I'll get time away from work when I die. With a very full bank account.

There is zero effort to improve QOL. During the JCBA there won't be either because we will be chasing widebody pay rates.

We have monthly MOUs that change the QOL picture for pilots here.

Pay isn't the issue. I guess I'll get time away from work when I die. With a very full bank account.

There is zero effort to improve QOL. During the JCBA there won't be either because we will be chasing widebody pay rates.
Yes, so you’ve said. When you figure out that your experience/opinion isn’t the only one that matters maybe you’ll sleep easier. Clamoring about QOL during a TA extension just proves your ignorance.

Yes, so you’ve said. When you figure out that your experience/opinion isn’t the only one that matters maybe you’ll sleep easier. Clamoring about QOL during a TA extension just proves your ignorance.

Yeah. I'm still not surprised the only priority for the greedy fat nerds is: money.

That's what I was saying yesterday. So not shocked by any of this at all.

When the JCBA is done it will be the same. Super high pay rates no QOL improvements for sick time, disability insurance or vacation.

Yeah. I'm still not surprised the only priority for the greedy fat nerds is: money.

That's what I was saying yesterday. So not shocked by any of this at all.

When the JCBA is done it will be the same. Super high pay rates no QOL improvements for sick time, disability insurance or vacation.
Right because there were no QOL gains in contract 2022. You really are insufferably miserable.

Right because there were no QOL gains in contract 2022. You really are insufferably miserable.

Tell me about the contract 2022 sick time, disability insurance and vacation gainz bruh!

Keep in mind I'm going to bed for my 0345 van so I won't get to hear about my amazing gainz until tomorrow :bounce:

No. Not even remotely surprised. It's all pay and no QOL improvements. It's the perfect prequel to the JCBA and I can just hear the response now:

"That QOL issue wasn't worth the negotiation capital." Or my favorite "We'll get that on the next contract."

Clueless Corpie showing.

This is a STOP GAP for no further pay raises, AS we work out a JCBA.

The contract isn’t amendable until late next year anyway. So you weren’t going to get any improvements. As of right now, you have NO scheduled pay raises. What if the JCBA drags on and isn’t signed by Sept 1 next year? You’d be complaining a b-storm about how you got no pay raise while everyone else eclipsed you.

This TA addresses that, and gives 2 more pay raises on Sept 1 for 2025 and 2026. In the meantime, once the merger goes through, we do JCBA negotiations.

Clueless Corpie showing.

This is a STOP GAP for no further pay raises, AS we work out a JCBA.

The contract isn’t amendable until late next year anyway. So you weren’t going to get any improvements. As of right now, you have NO scheduled pay raises. What if the JCBA drags on and isn’t signed by Sept 1 next year? You’d be complaining a b-storm about how you got no pay raise while everyone else eclipsed you.

This TA addresses that, and gives 2 more pay raises on Sept 1 for 2025 and 2026. In the meantime, once the merger goes through, we do JCBA negotiations.
Never mind heading into SLI severely dragging Hawaiian pilots. How’d that work out for Virgin pilots again?

Depends which VX guy you ask. Me, I was literally relative and DOH. I thought my end result was excellent.
Not list integration. Work rules. You guys basically had Alaska’s book handed to you because your rates were severely lacking. None of your work rules survived that I’m aware of. It was before my time though.

Not list integration. Work rules. You guys basically had Alaska’s book handed to you because your rates were severely lacking. None of your work rules survived that I’m aware of. It was before my time though.

We hand their book handed to us because we had NO LEGAL CONTRACT.

As the arbitrator stated, they had decades of experience with union contracts and decades of sweat equity.

Back