Alaska Hawaiian Merger?

Real natural beauty is The Grand Tetons, Canadian Rockies, the European Alps, and the New Zealand Alps.

It isn't Denali...
That’s fine, stay away. We have plenty of tourists as it is.

As far as the rest of this, if you’re just in here to act like an arrogant nozzle and talk • about a fellow ALPA airline that employs a bunch of longtime contributing members on here, kindly go stuff it.

Yeah FAI isn’t great. ANC is alright. The rest of the state is majestic.
I’m willing to guess he is not the person who enjoys the majestic sights that Alaska has to offer lol

Maybe something more like a cabin in North Dakota away from human civilization

What’s are the best cities in AK with real air service?
I’ll defer to someone who’s spent quality time in the smaller towns, but Juno and Sitka are other-worldly. I haven’t been to the town-side of Ketchikan but it looks incredible as well. I’ve flown over a good portion of the state and find my mouth gaping open all the time.

Hold on, with all due respect you have received zero furlough/downgrade letters. You have received some posturing emails and that is about it. I get that it can make somebody feel uneasy and I agree, it isn't fun to have management send emails like that but it was to somehow get people put back in line, nothing more.

Our MEC didn't feel like it was a nothing burger. It's pretty easy to sit back and scoff at junior pilots concern for mgmt's quarterly downgrade messaging when you're not junior yourself. Typical lack of empathy from the more fortunate ranks of the AS pilot group.

I’m thinking more like the EWR airport Hilton with its view of a cemetery and a Budweiser plant.

Dude the Baranoff was next level awful. I've never been in a hotel where you could hear people breathing in accompanying rooms. The pile of old toilets and the homeless guys having fights out back was the chefs kiss. I've never been so happy we stopped using a hotel.

You know they are going to slap some paint on it and we will be right back in there sooner or later.

Dude the Baranoff was next level awful. I've never been in a hotel where you could hear people breathing in accompanying rooms. The pile of old toilets and the homeless guys having fights out back was the chefs kiss. I've never been so happy we stopped using a hotel.

You know they are going to slap some paint on it and we will be right back in there sooner or later.
A prominent political figures son posted a selfie from there a few years ago as part of a flex about his alpha male Alaska vacation.

Definitely not trying to be funny. This is another shining example of his distain for women. I think giving him the benefit of the doubt for every single one of these “comments” just normalizes his true intentions. Also, he claims when he’s joking he puts emoji’s after the joke. There isn’t one here, let him get his ass beat and play victim.

You know, I had a response typed for this, but I thought better and deleted it. It isn’t worth engaging in anti-Islamic tropes that you and your types hint at.

Our MEC didn't feel like it was a nothing burger. It's pretty easy to sit back and scoff at junior pilots concern for mgmt's quarterly downgrade messaging when you're not junior yourself. Typical lack of empathy from the more fortunate ranks of the AS pilot group.

The MEC specifically addressed it both in email and in a podcast that it was specifically not an over-staffing issue and it was a utilization issue. Any reduction in staffing in any seat would make the situation WORSE.

Also, I take offense to your statement. I am a P2P, new hire pilot mentor and I was in the training department. To say I don't care or lack empathy to those junior to me, is insulting. You can choose to walk on eggshells and be constantly fearful but I am not sure that this is a healthy outlook. It is a marathon dude, don't day trade your career and just relax a little bit. Save the stress for when the reduction bid or WARN letters come (which they aren't right now).

I care about those junior and senior to me. I am too involved in what is going on at this company to be accused of not caring about anything that affects those junior to me.

Last edited:
The MEC specifically addressed it both in email and in a podcast that it was specifically not an over-staffing issue and it was a utilization issue. Any reduction in staffing in any seat would make the situation WORSE.

They specifically told me that they opted in on stopping reserve pick up because it was the only thing that could stop imminent downgrades.

That is no different than lowering ALV. Again, this is utilization.

So they could downgrade because of utilization but I shouldn't worry about it?

I was a P2P volunteer and mentor for years. It never gave me any reason for to be self righteous. I helped new hires and squashed rumors. I certainly didn't expect anything in return.

So they could downgrade because of utilization but I shouldn't worry about it?

I was a P2P volunteer and mentor for years. It never gave me any reason for to be self righteous. I helped new hires and squashed rumors. I certainly didn't expect anything in return.

Cool dude, you keep pulling your hair out and stress...

I am not self-righteous. I am not asking for anything in return OTHER than not to be accused of lacking empathy for those junior to me, and not caring. I am a lot of things, but I am not somebody who lacks empathy and doesn't care about our pilot group.

Cool dude, you keep pulling your hair out and stress...

I am not self-righteous. I am not asking for anything in return OTHER than not to be accused of lacking empathy for those junior to me, and not caring. I am a lot of things, but I am not somebody who lacks empathy and doesn't care about our pilot group.

There's a difference between "pulling out your hair and stress" and mentioning that senior management sends out emails at nearly a monthly rate describing why they will downgrade you back to FO.

Having empathy for someone starts with acknowledging that these emails are in fact real and management is not pro pilot at our place of employment.

I wish I was being dramatic and making stuff up. I'm not. How this is compared to someone who probably doesn't even have a college degree and is from the mainland, without a single shred of roots to Hawaii talking about the market dynamics of selling tickets inter island in Hawaii is possibly the most JC thing ever.

I wish I was being dramatic
But you are. You've been Captain Chicken Little on here and APC since you upgraded. Be more resilient and dont try to read between the lines on company emails.

Nobody on here or there has echoed your continued sentiments of impending doom. Have you ever taken pause and considered why that is?

Last edited:
Back