Alaska Hawaiian Merger?

I'm easily confused but there is an island of doom painted line no go zone similar to FAI. It doesn't make sense and there is no reason for it to be there but it's apparently bad if you taxi into it.

It would be a lot simpler if they just stuck a Gandalf statue in the middle of it with a sign that read "YOU SHALL NOT PASS". But I'm not in charge of much and no one listens to me.

Ahhh, I vaguely remember that. Have only operated a couple times out of there with our shop, but PAE is our primary divert up at whidbey, and they've always taken care of us. But yeah, that is weird. So are all the planes with weights instead of engines :)

Ahhh, I vaguely remember that. Have only operated a couple times out of there with our shop, but PAE is our primary divert up at whidbey, and they've always taken care of us. But yeah, that is weird. So are all the planes with weights instead of engines :)

I also don't do well with sleep deprivation and the brightest lights I have ever seen in my entire life. Maybe Boeing is trying to make PAE visible from space so they can get their spaceship back?

I'm going to say this once, nicely.

I know you are just trying to be funny (and as usual, failing miserably), but that's a really good way to get punched in the face. There's a ton of guys out here who would gladly risk a trip to the CP's office or HR over something like that.

Transitioned over to Alaska Airlines. Are we really assuming long term two separate brand names stick around?

@BobDDuck I’ll defer to you, since you live out there.

Am I really to believe the inter island folks care about anything other than the airfare between the islands? All that love for Aloha and Hawaiian? When Go! came with Mesa’s experiment to put Aloha out of business (after John O saw the internal books of Aloha as an interested party), the people of Hawaii could easily have boycotted Go! and bought tickets only on Aloha and Hawaiian. Did that happen? Doesn’t look like it. Why did Go! succeed as long as it did in Hawaii?

And how is SWA succeeding in interisland? People keep buying tickets on them, that’s why.

Last edited:
Aren't you always ridiculously speculating about your furlough/downgrade

I’ve only gotten 3 emails about it from senior management this year.

Care to share with everyone how that isn’t credible?

Or maybe you have an MBA and a masters in Polynesian Culture and you can educate us all on airline market dynamics. Specifically in the state of Hawaii.

Oh wait…

I’d suggest walking the chest thumping way back, but that’s probably gonna be tough from your echo chamber of smug in PDX.

I know you are just trying to be funny (and as usual, failing miserably), but that's a really good way to get punched in the face. There's a ton of guys out here who would gladly risk a trip to the CP's office or HR over something like that.
20 of my closest friends are your co workers out there. Since you are going to be on the same team as CC you might want to privately educate him before he pisses a lot of people off. I know he’s trying to be funny but sometimes he takes it too far and I don’t think he realizes the sensitivity of the people out there.

I don't know how the average Hawaiian consumer will buy tickets to see family or watch their kid play high school football. Neither do you. I'm just smart enough to say I should definitely not have an opinion about that.
My opinion is just that, an opinion. You’re taking this all way too seriously. It doesn’t matter because none of what we say matters.

I’ve only gotten 3 emails about it from senior management this year.

Hold on, with all due respect you have received zero furlough/downgrade letters. You have received some posturing emails and that is about it. I get that it can make somebody feel uneasy and I agree, it isn't fun to have management send emails like that but it was to somehow get people put back in line, nothing more.

I hadn't considered this flavor of humility injection when it comes to how to handle the Gig Harbor crowd.
1724331239572.png

Definitely not trying to be funny. This is another shining example of his distain for women. I think giving him the benefit of the doubt for every single one of these “comments” just normalizes his true intentions. Also, he claims when he’s joking he puts emoji’s after the joke. There isn’t one here, let him get his ass beat and play victim.

Back