Alaska Hawaiian Merger?

They would have been out of jobs without Alaskan.
That is not even remotely true. There was always a for sale sign in the front yard. It woulda been someone else if not Alaskan. They had also be profitable for the prior few years.

I've never understood this particular pilot habit. It's very Telegram-chat or Facebook group-like wherein a bunch of low-information, mouth-breathing knuckleheads engage in ribald speculation and rumor mongering than in a productive conversation.

When JetBlue showed up with their grubby blue hands at Spirit I knew it meant the end or at least irreparable damage, frankly, irrespective of the transaction's outcome, to the culture, which was a huge plus about the place.

Why do pilots continue to talk and refer to CULTure?

Face it - any of you could do mostly fine at any airline. You change, adapt to whatever it is.

I did piss you off with one of them!

LOL, well played :)

Though I thought you got out earlier.

How do you know Alaskan wouldn't go into bankruptcy without HAL? No wide-bodies, no international feed, crummy cargo operation, no exposure to the East Coast, codeshare everything that makes money. Far better for AS to get widebodies and access to the Asian Market than what they had previously.

Because Alaska is making money.

I for one am going to take this opportunity to spread wild rumors.

ANC A330F anyone?
I heard we are getting Tumi bags in the new TA.
A380s are practically on property, or was it A321XLRs?
787 SAN base!
LAS/PHX co-domicile
New uniform code allows backpacks and facial hair and on the 330 freighter jeans and t shirts
Club 49 becomes Club 49.5 to split the difference

Last edited:
I for one am going to take this opportunity to spread wild rumors.

ANC A330F anyone?
I heard we are getting Tumi bags in the new TA.
A380s are practically on property, or was it A321XLRs?
787 SAN base!
Bringing back the “frisbees and golf” ads
New “more to love” livery incoming

I flew with a captain who flew with an FO whose GF works at Boeing who said there is a 78 with Chester on the tail already.

I was on the JS with a crew getting line check and the check airman said Constance was just in Toulouse

Back