Alaska Hawaiian Merger?

Eh, I kinda get that but also it’s nice sometimes to do what I want to do and not think about anyone else. Then again with 3 kids at home I don’t take a whole lot of me time when I’m off work. However the day when we can leave the kids at home alone and Mrs comes with on a layover can’t come soon enough.
We want to do that but the last nonrev trip we had together kind of soured her on it. Getting most places is just such a pain in the summer it would be more stress than it's worth.

So, the merger hearing got pushed out another few days it seems…yet another thread off the rails and talking about whatever stupid BS other than the main topic
I like to imagine similar convos are happening in the Alaska war room.

"Y'all hear about our own Cherokee Cruis'em? O.M.G,

We're talking about DOJ concessions...

Hey when's the pizza getting here?"

No one was there to help. She stayed back at a friend she knew from HS in Michigan that since moved to Orlando. And I took the kids with 0 help. No MIL/SIL.

As for KCM, I had a reason. I needed to get food on the other side for them since there’s no real food on Frontier. So allowing KCM entrance, the timing allowed getting food at the airport. By the time I got the food, they had just exited security and boarding was starting.

Wife and kids often fly alome when they go to/from MI/PA and I’m at work. They know the deal. She’s done international travel before - with and without kids - and did just fine. Just bad luck this time. Lotta what ifs. What if I’d gone through security, could I have seen it be left behind? Or what if I checked the Passport Card option on the passport renewal in 2022? Too many rabbit holes to go down the what if game.
Could have just worn the uniform and gone thru security with them. I’ve done that as I don’t want to give up my full size liquids or breakfast shakes. Would have needed the uniform anyway if you got randomed and wanted to take liquids thru anyway.

I think about this a lot, even when I get a really cool layover there's always that feeling that it would be so much better with some good company, especially my wife. I don't mind doing things alone, but having somebody to share the experience with is definitely more of a motivation to leave the hotel.

Yup. I can wander the streets of Hong Kong for days and still enjoy it, but by far the best visit there was when I got to share it all with Amber.

Could have just worn the uniform and gone thru security with them. I’ve done that as I don’t want to give up my full size liquids or breakfast shakes. Would have needed the uniform anyway if you got randomed and wanted to take liquids thru anyway.

Plus, that stuff you’re taking through KCM better be for you and you alone. I joke about using a Torrance layover to go poop on @Cherokee_Cruiser’s lawn. But if he gets KCM taken away, I’ll actually do it.

It is what it is now. In the future, I think I need to become the passport Master. All documents to stay on my personal body pockets.

It is what it is now. In the future, I think I need to become the passport Master. All documents to stay on my personal body pockets.
My wife is the passport czar. I think she asks me about it every hour until we get on the boat.

I guess your situation is a lesson in just use a driver license for TSA and keep the important documents sealed in your bag unless absolutely necessary.

Back