Alaska Hawaiian Merger?

You are correct.

Got a letter from Disney. If I’m reading this correctly, I’ll get a future cruise credit (not cash refund) for her Adult ticket portion, minus port taxes/fees about $150. If this works out, it should be $1,900 for future use on a Disney cruise.
I meant for the whole family.

But again...not surprised.

Not even remotely shocked by this! Or by the fact that he thinks it's the right thing to do.

Even as much as I couldn't stand my ex-wife in the end, I wouldn't have abandoned her in the airport and gone on a cruise.

Not the airport guy, the cruise port. In the end, I looked at her and asked what she wanted. She said don’t ruin the vacation. The whole plan was for the 7 yr old’s Bday gift and for the baby’s first Disney cruise. She said you guys go, don’t miss it. Take pics and videos to share later.

And that’s what we did.

We are back home in LA now.

You do you bro. Divorce is more than 7k.

Why would you bring up the D word? You been through a rough patch before?

It’s not like I steam rolled her. In the end, I asked her what she wanted. She said we are here, don’t ruin it now cause of me, you guys go and have fun. I’m been married since 2009, I know when she’s honest serious versus sarcastic. She signed off on the plan.

I will say that Cherokee’s vacation sounds like my wife’s dream. She always complains that i get to sit in hotel rooms in silence all the time. That is probably all she wants sometimes. Though I imagine she would eventually get sad if i left with the boys and she got FOMO after a few days. But she definitely wouldn’t be mad at me, and she would likely not even get sad for a couple days. But then it would be full on FOMO. I dunno, I dont personally disagree with what CC did here. Assuming that the tickets couldn’t be refunded or moved to a later date by that point (I have no idea how cruise reservations work), it is a practical choice. Though having a small baby on a huge boat as a single dad would probably terrify me more than just about anything in this world. Kinda like how women prefer bears to being alone near a strange man at night :)

I will say that Cherokee’s vacation sounds like my wife’s dream. She always complains that i get to sit in hotel rooms in silence all the time. That is probably all she wants sometimes. Though I imagine she would eventually get sad if i left with the boys and she got FOMO after a few days. But she definitely wouldn’t be mad at me, and she would likely not even get sad for a couple days. But then it would be full on FOMO. I dunno, I dont personally disagree with what CC did here. Assuming that the tickets couldn’t be refunded or moved to a later date by that point (I have no idea how cruise reservations work), it is a practical choice. Though having a small baby on a huge boat as a single dad would probably terrify me more than just about anything in this world. Kinda like how women prefer bears to being alone near a strange man at night :)

Mine too. Both kids would be handed over to me without question and she would lock herself in the hotel room with Uber Eats and never look back.

I'd then wonder how her passport somehow got mysteriously 'found' before our return.

If I had a dollar for every time I was accused of 'being on vacation' at work during required rest I would literally be a multi-thousand-aire. It is literally the dumbest of all of my marriage squabbles - that I can sleep in, find joy, do something interesting, or really anything during a layover. Even just slam-clicking... well, then I get to 'sit in silence' or watch Netflix without being interrupted.

The irony is that most of my layovers are day-sleeps followed by delayed flights into the red eye period. These are not rest periods to be envied.

Mine too. Both kids would be handed over to me without question and she would lock herself in the hotel room with Uber Eats and never look back.

I'd then wonder how her passport somehow got mysteriously 'found' before our return.

If I had a dollar for every time I was accused of 'being on vacation' at work during required rest I would literally be a multi-thousand-aire. It is literally the dumbest of all of my marriage squabbles - that I can sleep in, find joy, do something interesting, or really anything during a layover. Even just slam-clicking... well, then I get to 'sit in silence' or watch Netflix without being interrupted.

The irony is that most of my layovers are day-sleeps followed by delayed flights into the red eye period. These are not rest periods to be envied.

Yeah, it isn’t even worth explaining this to them. “I never even left the hotel because it was a 12 hour rest after a redeye”….”huh?”

Are you really? More than any other time you click on your notifications?

"You go and have fun" 99% of the time means...maybe don't leave her at the dock. But I'm saying there's a chance, because Pakistan.

The self righteousness is noted, and dismissed. It was a 4-nighter and she legit signed off on the plan.

There’s a fun dock in Pakistan, that i have flown over many times in a bomb laden F/A-18 heading into AFghanistan, that our government probably paid far too much to allow overflight. Those * would not even acknowledge the check ins from any of our female aviators on the radio. This is Karachi center. Told them many times to get ****cked and that i was climbing to 430 to avoid thunderstorms and they can go f*** themselves, and their selective “unable, negative radar contact sir”. But back to that dock, they had lots of cargo ships down there, and I’m sure there were many East Asian and African slaves cutting them apart. What a world we live in.

Finance and support 9/11 (ISI I’m looking at you), and we will do whatever we please in your country. FAFO

Not even remotely shocked by this! Or by the fact that he thinks it's the right thing to do.

Even as much as I couldn't stand my ex-wife in the end, I wouldn't have abandoned her in the airport and gone on a cruise.

I don’t have kids, but to me a vacation isn’t a vacation without my wife. I’d rather hang out with her at a highway rest stop motel 6 than go back to Tahiti by myself.

Reminds me of one of my favorite quotes about being on a layover by myself.

"Layovers are, I'm afraid, lonely. There's a dramatic, even tragic aspect to even a good meal, a beautiful view. In fact the better the view, the tastier meal, the somehow sadder because you have no one to share it with."

-Anthony Bourdain

There’s a fun dock in Pakistan, that i have flown over many times in a bomb laden F/A-18 heading into AFghanistan, that our government probably paid far too much to allow overflight. Those * would not even acknowledge the check ins from any of our female aviators on the radio. This is Karachi center. Told them many times to get ****cked and that i was climbing to 430 to avoid thunderstorms and they can go f*** themselves, and their selective “unable, negative radar contact sir”. But back to that dock, they had lots of cargo ships down there, and I’m sure there were many East Asian and African slaves cutting them apart. What a world we live in.

Finance and support 9/11 (ISI I’m looking at you), and we will do whatever we please in your country. FAFO

I had that happen checking in with Tehran (obviously a few years ago) after departing Bahrain. I was flying and they wouldn’t acknowledge the captain’s check in. The rest of the controllers were super cordial, but that first one obviously had some insecurities.

Captain said it didn’t bother her much and in her interview they actually asked her what she’d do in that situation. I’m sure she gets a pretty fantastic feeling landing a 747 in places like that and making all the troglodytes uncomfortable.

I don’t have kids, but to me a vacation isn’t a vacation without my wife. I’d rather hang out with her at a highway rest stop motel 6 than go back to Tahiti by myself.

Reminds me of one of my favorite quotes about being on a layover by myself.

"Layovers are, I'm afraid, lonely. There's a dramatic, even tragic aspect to even a good meal, a beautiful view. In fact the better the view, the tastier meal, the somehow sadder because you have no one to share it with."

-Anthony Bourdain
The not having kids part is key here. There is a lot of space between a family vacation with the kids and a trip with just the wife and I. I also cant believe a discussion about the marital habits of CC has gone on this long.

My wife endorses @Cherokee_Cruiser ‘s decision and I agree.

Disney is for the kids, and as much as it sucks to not have their mom there, it would be devastating for the kids to miss out. And a Disney cruise is an easy button for being a parent, and CC’s wife probably didn’t hate having a few days to hang out with a friend without hearing rants about Kamala being a ho.

My wife endorses @Cherokee_Cruiser ‘s decision and I agree.

Disney is for the kids, and as much as it sucks to not have their mom there, it would be devastating for the kids to miss out. And a Disney cruise is an easy button for being a parent, and CC’s wife probably didn’t hate having a few days to hang out with a friend without hearing rants about Kamala being a ho.
A disney cruise seems like punishment in hell to me, especially if I had to handle the baby without its mom the whole time. CC's wife just out played everyone, respect!

Back