Alaska Hawaiian Merger?

A real concern that a lot of HAL pilots have is that the new overlords won't have the experience to have the patience to mature a market or put in the effort to actually make it work.

This is a very valid concern. Alaskan def doesn't have the patience for a market to mature, they have pulled the plug on a lot of routes within 6 months.

One of those guys, is on a Disney cruise...

He actually spends time with his family? APC is gonna be quiet for a while.

Help me list some terms for the bingo card:

• STAPLE
  • CAREER EXPECTATION
  • FENCES
  • LONGEVITY
  • STATUS
  • CATEGORY
  • REGIONAL
  • DATE OF HIRE
  • PRODUCTIVITY
  • SEAT LOCK
  • SCOPE
  • SINGLE OPERATING CERTIFICATE
  • LEGACY/FORMER/SUBSIDIARY
  • ACQUIRED NOT HIRED

We need at least 10 more.

AIR GROUP
Q400
ALL NIGHTER
SHORT BACK
WOCL
BID BLOCK
THE JET
FREIGHTER
TPRO
PENSION
BCP
SOUTHEAST
THE ISLANDS
SAN FRAN

(All alaskan isms)

This is a very valid concern. Alaskan def doesn't have the patience for a market to mature, they have pulled the plug on a lot of routes within 6 months.

He actually spends time with his family? APC is gonna be quiet for a while.

AIR GROUP
Q400
ALL NIGHTER
SHORT BACK
WOCL
BID BLOCK
THE JET
FREIGHTER
TPRO
PENSION
BCP
SOUTHEAST
THE ISLANDS
SAN FRAN

(All alaskan isms)

Bro you're triggering my PTSD

You keep my Q400 out of your mouth, that was never Alaska ;)
Alaskan owned them and FOs I fly with won’t STFU about it! 😆
That was high school dude, you’re at the majors now, let it go!

1723747612240.jpeg

Alaskan owned them and FOs I fly with won’t STFU about it! 😆
That was high school dude, you’re at the majors now, let it go!

View attachment 79244
Correction, Horizon owned them ;) , unlike the VX planes

And I like flying my Q400 with jets, known as the Guppy. Pay’s better, layovers better, FO’s are somewhat more questionable…esp those AS ones that won’t shut up about “the southeast”. We got our own southeast, and it’s got big ole thunderstorms. ;)

And I could still fly it, with zero doubts there. 8500+ hrs in a plane makes one wax nostalgic about it.

There was nothing at all quite like it, and prob never will be again.

I mean... a ramper with absolutely no flying experience was able to fly one too, so I'm not sure this is really such a brag?
Which is VERY impressive IMO. As a guy who has used flight sim to learn how to get lots and lots of transport jets from cold and dark to ready to go, and who also got 737s, E120s, CRJs, E175s, 757s ect turned on IRL for brake riding, I think a Q400 is just about the LAST modern airliner I've ever touched in the sim that I'd think I could actually get in and start up and fly with zero training...much more complicated both to start and to get going than most jets, especially since I haven't finished my complex or high performance. I'd have more confidence hopping in a BAe-146 or Fokker 28 and trying that than a Q400 LOL. No ratings yet managed to get a freggin turboprop started, flying, and aerobatic.

We were not worthy of you, Beebo. RIP.

I mean... a ramper with absolutely no flying experience was able to fly one too, so I'm not sure this is really such a brag?

The video in question on you tube was spot on, too bad they left the detail out about the nose wheel steering switch and bleed air 😬

They were telling me it was only a measly $10/hr pay raise and a large increase in health insurance fees.

Really similar to what 81% voted in for the pilots. Mainly pay improvements for high seniority and very poor QOL for junior seniority. One FA told me that there was mandatory doctors note requirements for sick calls. Which as a junior Eskimo employee is the only way to get days off for important family events etc.

FAs have a lot less leverage that the pilot group did and I'm proud of the message that they sent. Although it could have been poor tactical move considering a JCBA could be just around the corner.

And flaps…he took off with Flaps 0 and almost crashed it then. Vref for Flaps 0 was in the 170 range.

He was more lucky then good

Yeah I was gonna say, the statement that the guy got it from "cold and dark" to full-up might have some caveats. 2 engines running and taking off into the sky doesn't mean it was pretty. I'm pretty sure flight sims can at least prepare someone for that.

It looks like another extension has been requested for the DOJ's review of the merger, now due by 12:01 AM ET on August 20, 2024 (Tuesday morning).

Back