Alaska Hawaiian Merger?

Like I was saying... a real fear of loss of identity. It's going to go over super well when a bunch of guys who have been operating widebody aircraft internationally for a very, very long time, start dealing with checkrides put together by a group of guys who haven't flown farther than Spokane in the last 15 years.
Oh to be a fly on the wall when they start in with the worst checkride footprint I’ve experienced in my entire career.

Upside is maybe we can focus on positive learning on the 737.

But the likelihood hood of the McCord Mafia just hiring more of their buddies to continue the tradition of awful on the 737 is extremely high.

Like I was saying... a real fear of loss of identity. It's going to go over super well when a bunch of guys who have been operating widebody aircraft internationally for a very, very long time, start dealing with checkrides put together by a group of guys who haven't flown farther than Spokane in the last 15 years.
You guys didn’t ask for CCs input in all this? Your resident expert in all things??

Oh to be a fly on the wall when they start in with the worst checkride footprint I’ve experienced in my entire career.

But the likelihood hood of the McCord Mafia just hiring more of their buddies to continue the tradition of awful on the 737 is extremely high.

Well maybe we'll be able to keep some of our training language that gives the MEC the ability to have a say into who the instructors are, and a method for booting ones that are problematic. It took about 3 years from the time that language went into place to clean up the department.

Well maybe we'll be able to keep some of our training language that gives the MEC the ability to have a say into who the instructors are, and a method for booting ones that are problematic. It took about 3 years from the time that language went into place to clean up the department.

I doubt it. But I really hope so.

I’d also expect the quality of hotels and ground transportation to diminish severely once Angle Lake gets their claws into the international flying.

It made all the Airbus instructors who were basically convinced they wanted to go to the training department on the 737, change their mind once they went through... It is really sad.

It made all the Airbus instructors who were basically convinced they wanted to go to the training department on the 737, change their mind once they went through... It is really sad.

That’s too bad. From what I’ve heard there wasn’t an emphasis on negative learning on the bus side.

Those guys probably would have brought a lot of positive change to a training department that has a lot of potential but is entirely focused on the wrong things.

I’d also expect the quality of hotels and ground transportation to diminish severely once Angle Lake gets their claws into the international flying.

Maybe initially, but over time I'd guess it will go back to where it is. Every airline has tried to go cheap with international hotels and transportation at one time or another, and yet in the end, everyone uses the same shuttle companies and stays at the same hotels. International ops is expensive. There's lots of money to be made on it, but it costs a lot to operate and takes a while to make profitable. A real concern that a lot of HAL pilots have is that the new overlords won't have the experience to have the patience to mature a market or put in the effort to actually make it work.

We have a really good domestic hotel network. My guess is that continues internationally.

I just don’t see Air Group doing a good job with things like ground transportation. At least initially when they get their way with the international side.

Waiting for a van for 30 minutes and then getting an Uber is fine domestically but out of the country you get in the wrong yellow taxi and you wake up without a kidney.

I just don’t see Air Group doing a good job with things like ground transportation. At least initially when they get their way with the international side.

Waiting for a van for 30 minutes and then getting an Uber is fine domestically but out of the country you get in the wrong yellow taxi and you wake up without a kidney.
Not sure HA goes anywhere where that is a concern. Ground transport isn't the wild west overseas like it is in the US. Even in China it's pretty good.

There isn't good history to base this on lol (they canned everyone at VX that knew things because AS always assumes they know more) so hopefully they keep the people doing this for HA already...

There isn't good history to base this on lol (they canned everyone at VX that knew things because AS always assumes they know more) so hopefully they keep the people doing this for HA already...

Mostly joking about the missing kidney part but I really don’t see Angle Lake making this less painful for the international crews.

Help me list some terms for the bingo card:

• STAPLE
  • CAREER EXPECTATION
  • FENCES
  • LONGEVITY
  • STATUS
  • CATEGORY
  • REGIONAL
  • DATE OF HIRE
  • PRODUCTIVITY
  • SEAT LOCK
  • SCOPE
  • SINGLE OPERATING CERTIFICATE
  • LEGACY/FORMER/SUBSIDIARY
  • ACQUIRED NOT HIRED

We need at least 10 more.

Help me list some terms for the bingo card:

• STAPLE
  • CAREER EXPECTATION
  • FENCES
  • LONGEVITY
  • STATUS
  • CATEGORY
  • REGIONAL
  • DATE OF HIRE
  • PRODUCTIVITY
  • SEAT LOCK
  • SCOPE
  • SINGLE OPERATING CERTIFICATE
  • LEGACY/FORMER/SUBSIDIARY
  • ACQUIRED NOT HIRED

We need at least 10 more.

If only this could be a drinking game...

Back