AirNet update?

Pretty much.
I'm at a Part 91 in Norfolk, VA. Captain on a Lear 55 & Challenger 601. We also have a turbine duke that flys me most of the time ;)

Good deal man, I remember things sounded pretty rough for you near the end at Airnet. Glad to see that you were able to move on to what sounds like a great gig!

So wait, you went from AirNet straight to a 91 corporate job and are now captain on the Lear and CL605? Can I get a timeline of that if you don't mind?

P.S. Quite jealous of the turbine Duke, and I really wish we could have met while I was in ORF for those two days over Summer!

So wait, you went from AirNet straight to a 91 corporate job and are now captain on the Lear and CL605? Can I get a timeline of that if you don't mind?

Don't get your hopes up! Back in the day, you used to be able to get in to the jet in about a year at the net!

Don't get your hopes up! Back in the day, you used to be able to get in to the jet in about a year at the net!

Oh I'm not. That is just the kind of flying that I want to be in eventually. (Diverse, Part 91, Corporate) Mostly just wondering what a next step after a 135 Cargo gig like this would/could be for me if I tried to go this route.

I got on at Airnet in Summer '06 with just below part 135 mins. I right seated in the Barons and then flew Barons and Caravans out of CPS. In the Jet Summer '07 @ BOS. Captain 6 months later @ BOS. Downgraded back to Co-pilot in September of '08 @ DAL. I voluntarily furloughed Spring of '09. Went to Ameriflight flying the Metro out of wherever they decided to base me that particular week, YOW, BED, CVG, SDF, BED, CVG. Left there in November '09 to my current corporate gig @ ORF. Came on as a Lear Captain and got typed in the Hawker after a bit. Just recently I got typed in the Challenger.
Never been out of work *knocks on wood. Every job is a direct result from this website and never from the jobs available section.

P.S. Quite jealous of the turbine Duke, and I really wish we could have met while I was in ORF for those two days over Summer!
Invitation is always open if you make it out here again.

I got on at Airnet in Summer '06 with just below part 135 mins. I right seated in the Barons and then flew Barons and Caravans out of CPS. In the Jet Summer '07 @ BOS. Captain 6 months later @ BOS. Downgraded back to Co-pilot in September of '08 @ DAL. I voluntarily furloughed Spring of '09. Went to Ameriflight flying the Metro out of wherever they decided to base me that particular week, YOW, BED, CVG, SDF, BED, CVG. Left there in November '09 to my current corporate gig @ ORF. Came on as a Lear Captain and got typed in the Hawker after a bit. Just recently I got typed in the Challenger.
Never been out of work *knocks on wood. Every job is a direct result from this website and never from the jobs available section.

Very cool.

Invitation is always open if you make it out here again.

Thanks! I might be out again next March. Will let you know!

We are currently hiring with 135 mins. Anything less than that is on a case-by-case basis. I think theres something like 10 prop runs open right now. PM me if you are interested/want more details.
can u pm me the some info on how 2 apply

Airnet might still be a good choice for someone willing to sign a year long contract and get moved around the country non stop. However as of right now, I can pretty much guarantee you that you'll never see the inside of a Lear other than the jumpseat occasionally. They are talking about making changes in the new year that have every single Airnet pilot in full time job search mode. As they are currently proposed, they would mainly benefit the super junior guys and screw everyone else. Not to say the junior guys don't deserve it, but its a giant slap in the face to everyone that put their time in here.

The other issue is that Airnet is currently like an ice cube under hot water. Our fleet shrinks every month, work goes away, and jet runs in particular keep going away. Mike can chime in on numbers here, but when I started here 6 years ago the hub consisted of around 30 - 40 planes, about half of those being jets. I'm one of 3 jets flying into the 6 plane hub every night now. To anyone thats been here for more than 6 months, the writing is on the wall.

So that I don't seem completely pessimistic, if you're willing to come here and just be used and abused for a year ( provided it's around that long) you can still get some excellent experience and time in your logbook. I've loved my time at Airnet for the most part and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

So uh, where can one see these new year changes? Just curious, as I will be shopping around for a freight job here next month.

Also, what's up with the moving you around all the time? Base closures? Is the moving at your own expense? I just wonder how one would afford to break a bunch of leases with apartment companies.

Just read some more on 55 about whats going on at the 'net. Sounds like they want to make everyone work 5 days but take "5th day" pay away. GET THE HELL OUT.
Don't bother reading about Airnet from 3 years ago and before. It's nothing like that anymore.

Just read some more on 55 about whats going on at the 'net. Sounds like they want to make everyone work 5 days but take "5th day" pay away. GET THE HELL OUT.
Don't bother reading about Airnet from 3 years ago and before. It's nothing like that anymore.

Ugh. Agreed. Restructuring of a bidding system with 5 year prop guys on the list is troubling enough but I wish them luck in finding personnel that are willing to do a 5th day for free.

If all this is true I'm going to change my stance: there's no reason not to regional anymore.

Yea I'm pretty much there. If Amflight wasn't such a bag operator I'd suggest there but 135 freight just seems to be a dead end now.

Back