AirNet update?

I know it has only been a couple weeks since the last posts but can someone let me know what is going on at Airnet. I read on one site they have guys furloughed, I heard they were hiring and saw them listed for an aero crew solutions job fair, this thread makes the place sound like its a dead end if your looking at the jet after props. Has anything new come out with hiring or getting to the jet for the guys that paid their dews?
Thanks

From everyone I've talked to who's still there, it's bad and getting worse. As in, "You remember last month how this was horrible? Somehow they made it suck more."

Can anyone tell me anything about being based at Teterboro for Airnet? Do they provide anything for housing in New York? What is cost of living like? How long does it take to get from the props to the lear jet?

Can anyone tell me anything about being based at Teterboro for Airnet? Do they provide anything for housing in New York? What is cost of living like? How long does it take to get from the props to the lear jet?

They do not pay for housing it do provide a relocation allowance.

Expensive.

Prop to jet is probably not going to happen.

What is the reasoning behind not getting to the jet?
Because there are so few of them now and it's a sinking ship.
It's sad and a crappy situation but the days of Airnet being a great break into the industry is a thing of the past. Goto a regional and build your time in something marketable.

Goto a regional and build your time in something marketable.

AMF isn't a bad place if you want to get into corporate. BE-99 guys can go right into a king air and break into the corporate world that way. I mentioned I flew the 99 and was offered a contract King Air 90 position on the spot one day in an FBO.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

From everyone I've talked to who's still there, it's bad and getting worse. As in, "You remember last month how this was horrible? Somehow they made it suck more."
That is terrible. Airnet used to be awesome. New ownership destroyed the place, right? Good pilots, good aircraft, good maitenance. Sad. That kind of crap just encourages SJS.

That is terrible. Airnet used to be awesome. New ownership destroyed the place, right? Good pilots, good aircraft, good maitenance. Sad. That kind of crap just encourages SJS.

My understanding is that they were in serious debt and severely hemorrhaging when they were bought. The new ownership has tried to fix that, which has made it not as fun of a place to work, but they're still bleeding. Don't know if they're going to be able to turn it.

My understanding is that they were in serious debt and severely hemorrhaging when they were bought. The new ownership has tried to fix that, which has made it not as fun of a place to work, but they're still bleeding. Don't know if they're going to be able to turn it.
Really?! I thought Airnet served some companies with deep pockets? (or pocketses if you are into the whole Lord of the Rings thing....)

Really?! I thought Airnet served some companies with deep pockets? (or pocketses if you are into the whole Lord of the Rings thing....)

That's my understanding. If someone closer in can show that I'm wrong, I'd be glad to hear it.

Just because you work for someone with deep pockets doesn't mean you have access to the full depth.

That sounds like a good gig. Can't go wrong with living close to home and a good entry level salary. How easy is it to get TEB and whats the future of Airnet looking like?

Back