Airnet drops the Bomb!

FWIW...

Republic Airways Holdings (Chautauqua, Shuttle America, Republic), my current company (I'm a former starchecker), just furloughed about 150 people. This is nowhere near the 33% of the workforce that someone posted earlier needed for WARN letters (we have ~2100 pilots). Every furloughee got one. I haven't the first bit of knowledge about the requirements for WARNs , except that all of our guys got them. There has also been alot of talk of our guys on the street using the WIA (Workforce Improvement Act) to pursue type ratings and even non-aviation pursuits. My rough understanding of WIA is that you can get monetary assistance to get training that would enhance your resume after a loss of employment. Again, hopefully someone else has alot more useful information or you guys can find something doing some research, but I have no idea about how either of these actually works.

I don't have access to the private forums on -55, but hopefully there is a discussion about this stuff in there (I didn't even know that furloughs were on the table until the recent thread in the 'forms' board). If not, throw this in there and maybe it will encourage someone who knows more about WARN and WIA to speak up. Also, you guys should all be filling for unemployment in the state you pay taxes to.

This sucks alot. I miss flying for you guys every time i see my old baron rolling up to Signature in IND or hear any of the other guys in the rest of the country. Good luck to all of you.

-NTE #533

So I guess I'm going to Dallas now. What'd everyone else end up with?
Mini?

Well just when I was finishing setting up "living" (surviving) arrangements at AVP they decided to move me to BDL.

Pay increase, but it's going to be a hell of a commute.

-mini

I think that's it. I'd have to look and, to be honest, we all know I'm way too lazy to do that right now. :nana2:

There's two of us and some reserve pilots (3?) up there. Crashpad (with an emphasis on cheap and hopefully close/walking distance to the airport) anyone?

-mini

So I guess I'm going to Dallas now. What'd everyone else end up with?
Mini?

Hey Mike. I'll be off all next week if you're around. Maybe I can get a small group of us together and throw back a few shiners.

I know the pains of being displaced. I went from being system wide tdy to being cvg based.

I get to stay in Nashville, I guess no one else was interested in it.

Really glad you get to stay put. Congrats.

Mini, the current (as of last week current) 161 pilot lived up in Springfield, Mass and said that the rent was more reasonable up there. Crashpad in BDL is probably going to be challenging. I hope it works out well for you.

Mini, the current (as of last week current) 161 pilot lived up in Springfield, Mass and said that the rent was more reasonable up there. Crashpad in BDL is probably going to be challenging. I hope it works out well for you.
Well, s***.

I guess that means I need an "airport car" now.

f.:mad::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Thanks for the heads up and the well wishes. What did you end up with?

-mini

AirNet says they want the uniform back. Does that include my used shirts and sweater? And the warm jacket? If it does I'm double screwed, I have no other appropriate clothing for the cold weather, and shopping for clothes isn't on my list of priorities when unemployed.
I must have missed this. Is this "normal"? Do they really want shirts that I've spent a year sweating in if/when I quit/get furloughed/get fired/die/leave the country/become a famous artist?:confused::confused:

I suppose I can donate back the jacket they gave me six sizes too small. Nothing about me says "medium". It's either "extra large" or (as my wife says) "haha small". :confused:

-mini

I must have missed this. Is this "normal"? Do they really want shirts that I've spent a year sweating in if/when I quit/get furloughed/get fired/die/leave the country/become a famous artist?:confused::confused:

I suppose I can donate back the jacket they gave me six sizes too small. Nothing about me says "medium". It's either "extra large" or (as my wife says) "haha small". :confused:

-mini

In the Furlough FAQ document, it said the uniform, along with the badge and equipment and other property, had to be returned before the final paycheck will be mailed.

Hey, congratulations on avoiding Pennsylvania :)

In the Furlough FAQ document
That was during my "duh" day. I get those every so often.

*edit*
FWIW, It's illegal in Ohio to withhold a final paycheck even if the person has company property. I found that out the hard way when I was on the other end of the stick. I "let go" someone that had a company laptop, digital camera, 3 jepp binders, keys, ID badge, a few other small things. I refused a final pay check until it was returned. ...that cost me. Not big, but it still cost me.

Hey, congratulations on avoiding Pennsylvania :)
Goodbye 4.5 hour drive, hello 2 hour airline flight?:p

I'm trying to find the positive in it.

... standby.

-mini

How many people are quitting instead of moving?

Time will tell... There have been a few that I have seen, and I imagine over the next few months there will be more. Either way its going to be interesting to see what goes down at the 'net soon...

In the Furlough FAQ document, it said the uniform, along with the badge and equipment and other property, had to be returned before the final paycheck will be mailed.

Mike Troy told me that the policy of returning our uniforms is an old policy. He said we get to keep all of our clothes. I know somebody that just recently quit before all this furlough stuff started and he got to keep his shirts. I still had to turn in all my books and ID badge. If I have problems getting my last paycheck then I'll update on here.

FWIW, when I left in July I kept all the clothes, and returned all the books, badges, etc. Got my last paycheck just fine. Just be aware your last paycheck will not be direct deposited - expect it in the mail a day or two after your last payday.

Puh, that's at least some good news. I was really worried I'd be freezing here, or needing to buy clothes. In my closet, its all Airnet clothing, nothing else.

Back