Airnet drops the Bomb!

What range of the seniority list need to be worried about getting that phone call (have the phone calls been made yet?)

I really hope higher time jet guys think twice before pushing newhire prop guys out of their runs and out on the street. For me, if I lose my run/job, I won't even have money for food after the next paycheck. So there goes the wife, and my life in general, down the drain. Not that easy to find a new job, with low time (<3000), on short notice, these days.

God bless :)

What range of the seniority list need to be worried about getting that phone call (have the phone calls been made yet?)

I really hope higher time jet guys think twice before pushing newhire prop guys out of their runs and out on the street. For me, if I lose my run/job, I won't even have money for food after the next paycheck. So there goes the wife, and my life in general, down the drain. Not that easy to find a new job, with low time (<3000), on short notice, these days.

God bless :)
What are you expecting them to do?

Take the number of Prop SICs subtract that number from 55 and that is the number of prop PICs that will get called. There will be some (alot) of jet guys that leave most however will be for their own reasons not to keep lower senority prop pilots employed while they themselves have to hit this lovely job market.

What are you expecting them to do?

Take the number of Prop SICs subtract that number from 55 and that is the number of prop PICs that will get called. There will be some (alot) of jet guys that leave most however will be for their own reasons not to keep lower senority prop pilots employed while they themselves have to hit this lovely job market.

Exactly. Everyone has bills to pay and food to buy. I would imagine there's a pay cut associated from moving backwards down the "seat/position ladder"? If so, I could imagine some jet guys not wanting to deal with that. Some won't care. Some will.

Bottom line. Poopy situation for all.

-mini

What exactly happened here? Is Airnet moving out of the check hauling business and cutting back on their flying? Sorry, but I'm completely in the dark on this one.

What exactly happened here? Is Airnet moving out of the check hauling business and cutting back on their flying? Sorry, but I'm completely in the dark on this one.
not sure but they were bought out a few months back

The number 55 will forever have a different meaning now. Just got the call..I'm on the street.

Who's hiring? I wanna do this airline thing all over again!

I hear garbage men make a lot of money. I'm sure driving a garbage truck is exactly like flying a baron..... I love your sig mini

There will be alot of people leaving. I wouldn't expect to be out of a job for long, unless you've lost hope in Airnet. I know I have.

I may be stupid, and not know the full picture. Is the company really so near the bottom, that saving $6-880,000 on salaries, is going to save it from bankruptcy? Will it not cost the company a considerable portion of the savings, to reposition, retrain and incur the difficulties involved in swapping everyone's runs? Or is the training department happy to get something to do?

For the people who are flying their runs, that are making money, they are messing with something that wasn't broken.

A lot of good people and pilots at AirNet. I haven't lost faith, but if I find better paying employment in non-aviation, I may not return if recalled.

Christ, that sucks. I've gone from 4 revenue legs to 1 in the last 6 months, so I might be out there on the pavement with y'all soon enough. In the end it might be a blessing in disguise to be out there hunting the next job before the bombs drop everywhere else. On-demand 135 stuff is still way off, and checks are looking terminal. Best of luck to all.

I'm very sorry to hear this. A big reason I wanted to join AirNet was because of the excellent pilot group; you guys deserve better. I guess we'll find out more details in the next few days about what's really going on. In the meantime best wishes for all of you, especially those out on the street.

Best wishes to all that will be affected by this. I always thought Airnet was a stable company. Heck, I just updated my times with Craig the other day and we were talking about interviews???

Have the amount of revenue legs really dropped off that much??

I talked to one of our more junior Lear captains last night. He got bumped off a flight for 2 interviewees.

Looks like I should have applied to the fright department afterall.

I was one of the persons that interviewed yesterday. Two other guys and I.

They didn't say anything about this to us during the interview process, but there was a moment when they were alluding to something. CW was laughing about 'how quickly things change around here(airnet)'.

It wasn't until I was in the lobby waiting for my pilots to catch a ride back to ORL that we heard they were furloughing. One pilot took our pictures laughing.

"Only AirNet would run interviews the same day they're furloughing."

Glad I put a lot of work into this interview, but I guess I don't really have to worry about that letter anymore.

Sorry to those affected- good luck.

There will be alot of people leaving. I wouldn't expect to be out of a job for long, unless you've lost hope in Airnet. I know I have.
From the sounds of things last night, you're right. I didn't speak with lots of people, but of the ones I did no one seems too interested in taking a step backwards (not no one, but a good majority). You'd have a better idea on this, is that the general consensus throughout the group or did I just hit an isolated group of individuals?

Are you going to be able to at least hold BOS LR SIC or is this going to be a downgrade and a move?

I may not return if recalled.
If I miss the cut (and it's going to be f'ing close. Not just close ...f'ing close.), I probably will not come back with a recall ...unless it's a base/position I'm looking for and I'm not sure that exists anymore.
I was one of the persons that interviewed yesterday. Two other guys and I.

They didn't say anything about this to us during the interview process, but there was a moment when they were alluding to something.

That was nice of them to waste your time on that when they had to know it was coming. Even though it's cheap, it still sucks to blow that kinda money on a hotel room for ...nothing.

Good luck man, I'm sure you'll find something worth while. Airnet has been great to me, really, but things have done a complete 180 in the past 24 hours it seems.

Good luck guys.

-mini

Back