Air Force or Marines?

What Branch?

• Air Force

Votes: 21 84.0%
  • Marines

Votes: 4 16.0%

• Total voters
5b3f0864597bc35a1bf316b53e1d91da.jpeg

You misread the stereotype. Obvious former USAF dude, most likely “vipers” (F-16’s) from somewhere. Which is the red headed step child of the AF. But they are VERY proud. Especially if a former O-6

That said, I have no problem with an authority figure setting the expectations for the flight. Probably didn’t need to be standing in the front using the FA mic though. Counterpoint, this looks a little like a substitute teacher trying to get everyone’s attention

Last edited:
You misread the stereotype. Obvious former USAF dude, most likely “vipers” (F-16’s) from somewhere. Which is the red headed step child of the AF. But they are VERY proud. Especially if a former O-6

That said, I have no problem with an authority figure setting the expectations for the flight. Probably didn’t need to be standing in the front using the FA mic though. Counterpoint, this looks a little like a substitute teacher trying to get everyone’s attention
There is no defense for this, this is looney toons and 175 out of 175 people on that plane didn’t want to hear it.

I think a Spirit captain telling the passengers to behave or we’ll turn this plane around is different from someone who is doing a show because he thinks he’s cool and wants everyone to know.

There are non cringey ways to lead, this has none of those. I also hate the “my crew” “my ship” stuff. We know you’re in charge, bro. You’re leading the team, but you’re still part of it. You’re just going to shut people down with that.

Sometime in the last few months I was on a Delta BRJ from AVL-ATL. Captain made a similar PA, but from the flight deck. “We’re both military trained, so you’re in good hands.”

Oh, the weird and wonderful ways I’ve seen former military pilots try to make an easy job harder. Not saying it’s unique to them, but they certainly aren’t immune.

Back