• Total voters
Best Welcome Aboard PA :

Welcome
Flight number
Destination
Wx enroute (if any) and destination
Thank the passengers for choosing XYZ airline for their traveling plans
Welcome aboard.

All the other stuff is just fluff that really doesn’t need to be said, the FA’s got it covered. Let them do their job.
No one cares they’re on flight “fifty two ninety eight”. You can delete the flight number and keep on trucking.

We had an infamous/notorious CA at the last shop who would make it a point to tell pax that the FO was brand-new and learning, but that he was 'military trained' so they were in good hands.

Makes me wonder if it was the same guy, since the last rumor I heard was that he washed out of UA training.

I think I know who you're talking about. Hope that rumor is not true- if that is who I think it is, I always liked him, though I know most people didn't enjoy flying with him.

We've had several new hires out make it through in the past year or so. When everybody coming through had 6000+ hours it probably wasn't common, but when newbies have 1501 hours in a cessna and then 3 months at Skywest, it isn't all that unusual.
Interesting. What’s tripping them up?

“Any questions?”

“Yes leader, you said that it’s you responsibility for safety of passengers and cargo but above all the rules, shouldn’t a goal towards safe operation of flight be “above all” and not “the rules”, and is that your back up belt because your other one broke?”

Why is it always Delta?

Do you really have to ask?

It’s funny, we had a leadership seminar, and one slide was logos that would come on when they would click the button and they asked the class to say the first word that comes to mind. So for “Delta” the word arrogant got thrown quick (no, it wasn’t me). Southwest came next and it was “cowboys” and “fast.” United got positive comments.

SOOOOOOO, I actually sat on this guys jumpseat this past summer, and then again in the back a few weeks later, despite the "grand" welcome aboard announcement, he was actually a really good guy, one that you'd wanna go out and have a few drinks with, he's also the FO....

The Servant leader was actually a FO?

GTFOH

Back