3 Checkrides scheduled for one day.

CK

Well my dad went up to take his CFIA checkride today and scheduled me for 3 checkrides on my 17th Birthday; Private, M/E, and Helicopter. The Examater said I'm the first to ever do this and is going to call the press and let them know in two years. Any one here ever tried this kind of day? I know it'll be hard, but I like a challenge.

[ QUOTE ]
The Examater said I'm the first to ever do this and is going to call the press and let them know in two years. Any one here ever tried this kind of day? I know it'll be hard, but I like a challenge.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jessica Dubroff was on her way to doing something like that too.

So... you're gonna get your ASEL, AMEL, and Helicoptor licenses in one day?

That's a lot of different flying combined into a really short and intense day... but hey you've got some time to prepare.

Don't put too much pressure on yourself; if it doesn't work out... who cares!

and ya'll be careful up there, ya here

Whats the point?

Publicity stunts are just that- stunts. I'm sure you don't know who Jessica Dubroff was, but you can do a search to find out how that one ended.

No offense.

[ QUOTE ]
and scheduled me for 3 checkrides on my 17th Birthday; Private, M/E, and Helicopter.

[/ QUOTE ]

I could just kick you in the nuts and you could call it a day, would probably be more enjoyable.
tongue.gif

Good luck, kid!

Kid- slow down, take it easy, have a coke, smell the roses, take a girl out to a movie...whats the point of doing 3 checkrides in a day? Just seems a bit odd to me, but good luck.

Off topic, in the sixties Kernahan Buck soloed 17 times in 17 airplanes on his 17th birthday...Source Flight of Passage by Rinker Buck...Great book you should read it

There was a kid in England who soloed 5 different aircraft in one day (I think it was on his 17th birthday - back then you could not solo until you were 17), including a helicopter, and a tailwheel antique.

I personally do not think this is a good idea. Take things slowly do them properly and enjoy. I think you are taking on too much - learn to fly single engine aircraft like the good old 152, get comfortable in it and fly it well - then move on to more advance aircraft, if you choose multi engine, or a helicopter.

Ouch....I did my CFII and CFI-SE checkrides the same day, and it was very stressful. What really killed me was the 5-hour combined oral. Not recommended.

Jessica Dubroff had quite a bit of help from her daddy and "co-pilot" (ultimately in vain).. if you get tired on your third checkride, the examiner is not going to help you.

[ QUOTE ]
Ouch....I did my CFII and CFI-SE checkrides the same day, and it was very stressful. What really killed me was the 5-hour combined oral. Not recommended.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell some guys suffer through an 8 hour oral for JUST their CFI-SE
crazy.gif
.... not that 5 hours isn't bad! Either way, you're in hell for a day.

You just like to entertain us, and thank you for that. Who schedules checkrides 2 years in advance. If he did infact schedule, i bet the examiner wrote it in pencil.

[ QUOTE ]
You just like to entertain us, and thank you for that. Who schedules checkrides 2 years in advance. If he did infact schedule, i bet the examiner wrote it in pencil.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking the exact same thing.
confused.gif

That point crossed my mind too - lets watch my guess is the examinar is a family friend and they were planning that far ahead.

In my region, examiners are not allowed to do more than 2 rides a day, regardless of the situation. Dont know if thats for the whole country or not. BS!

Good luck with all of that but don't make it too public out of respect for your examiner - DE's are only allowed to give 2 checkrides per day - don't cause any problems for him.

Jason

Well I'll give you props for your enthusiasm, but for someone who has never experienced a checkride or the nerves that are associated with one, trying to do three checkrides in one day realisticly, I think is a stupid idea. Why do all three on one freakin day and risk failure, when you could spread them out over a couple of weeks or even a couple of months for that matter. How you gonna feel when the paper shows up at the airport for an interview and you failed all three checkrides? Not to say that you will because god knows you have enough time to prepare, but it's just somthin to think about I geuss.

Matt

Dude,
Chill out...I mean you're enthusiasm is great but you shouldnt be doing three in one day. Do private first then get the feel for it! A helciopter is a very advanced system and so is M/E...Chill out on those.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell some guys suffer through an 8 hour oral for JUST their CFI-SE
crazy.gif
.... not that 5 hours isn't bad! Either way, you're in hell for a day.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was already a MEI, these were add-on checkrides!

Back