3 Checkrides scheduled for one day.

Yea you have 100hrs of multi, but how many of them are simulated emergency or maneuvers. Everyone else got theirs with 5, but for us the second engine was failed (simulated) for 4 of the 5. The other hour was stalls, steep turns and the small amount of time on takeoff before the instructor cut the power.

As a CFII/MEI, I wouldn't sign someone off for 3 checkrides in one day. I wouldn't sign someone off for a ME without SOME experience as a private pilot first. Judgement takes time, and it happens quickly when you're by yourself, as pilot in command. Yeah, you'll have solo time by then but when you solo, your instructor checks your flightplan and weather. You don't get a chance to truely scare yourself until you're away from the controlled environment of being a student. In theory, you could pass your checkride, and take out a Baron the next day with 5 of your friends, (assuming you get the HP endorsement) and 0 experience as a PIC. Scary!

c-kid, how many landings do you have in the citation and the navajo? 200 hours is virtually meaningless if you never have land the plane yourself.

[ QUOTE ]
In theory, you could pass your checkride, and take out a Baron the next day with 5 of your friends, (assuming you get the HP endorsement) and 0 experience as a PIC. Scary!

[/ QUOTE ]

No he couldn't. Not a chance.

One word:

Insurance.
tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Yea you have 100hrs of multi, but how many of them are simulated emergency or maneuvers. Everyone else got theirs with 5, but for us the second engine was failed (simulated) for 4 of the 5. The other hour was stalls, steep turns and the small amount of time on takeoff before the instructor cut the power.

[/ QUOTE ]

Every dead head

[ QUOTE ]
c-kid, how many landings do you have in the citation and the navajo? 200 hours is virtually meaningless if you never have land the plane yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Every dead head............

Damn I'm late on this thread, o well.

All the good stuff has been said so this is what I'll say. Slow down, aviation is not everything, stop telling us things that you know will stir the pot, start living up your teenage years (partying, drinking, smoking ect.)
I am totally serious on the last point because you don't want to be doing to much of that crap when your an adult.

[ QUOTE ]
Damn I'm late on this thread, o well.

All the good stuff has been said so this is what I'll say. Slow down, aviation is not everything, stop telling us things that you know will stir the pot, start living up your teenage years (partying, drinking, smoking ect.)
I am totally serious on the last point because you don't want to be doing to much of that crap when your an adult.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow I don't think I've ever heard an adult tell me to do that. It's funny that you guys think I have no life. When did I say that. I'm involed in Football(not this year tho) basket ball (remeber I'm 6'2'') and Golf (I don't know why I just like it). I do go to plenty of parties, but I don't drink or smoke. Remeber my dad's a cop and he would kill me. This will probally be my last post I'm just going to listen for now on it was nice talking to all of you if you have any questions PM me and maybe I'll answer.

I'm not an adult, a few years older than you, but not as many hours as you, not as good fortune as you, not as much spirit as you.....

Well, you said it was your last post here, but maybe you'll at least continue to read this.

So here is my idea, and how I see it. Hate me for it if you like, but as everyone who posts here, it is mostly opinion.

You pretty much flat out brag here that you are some awsome pilot. Saying to many others here, in not so many words, they suck, simply because they have less time than you.

A lot here see to take offense to that. I just write if off to a lack of writing skills. You are excited about the opportunities you have, and you just happen to not have the writing skills to express that well. To legitimize what you are trying to do, I think your best bet is to answer the WHY in this case.

So I got a better idea. Do 3 checkrides, but make them 3 meaningful ones.

Here is what I'd suggest:

Private
Instrument
Commercial

Do them all single engine.

Normally this is not practical, but with the connections you seem to have, it should be for you.

Instrument and Commercial have some high cross country requirements, and a few solo things, but I think there is a way you could work it all out (I'm trying to think if there is anything you can't do pre-private, and can't think of any off the top of my head). Do all the hood time now, get it out of the way. Solo cross country for private, just make it more than 250NM out so it'll meet the Comm. requirement. If dad is your CFI, I'm sure he'll sign you off for each solo CC you want to do, and you could build time like crazy. You'll have a year to do that still.

Then if you wanna go ME, get your comm-ME added on. Maybe a day or two later. Then on to rotorcraft if ya wants.

There are really minor solo requirements in the scheme of things, but there are some PIC CC requirements, and the only way you can get that without private already, is to do it solo.

Actually, what would make the most sense, now that I think about it (assuming you get all the requirements do with lots of solo work):

Private
Commercial
Instrument

In that order. And I'd suggest the Instrument rating on the second day. The private and commercial are really similar overall information, with just going more advanced for things that you should have time to study. If you could nail those 3 rides, I'd be happy to fly with you any day; if those 3 rides were given at your local FSDO
smile.gif

Heck if you work it right over the next couple years, and get lots of PIC time in (which you can only do as solo until you have a license) you may be able to do SIC under 135 operations you seem to have access to, at a very young age. I'd think that is more usefull if you plan a career in aviation, than say, a rotorcraft rating right away.

Josh

Back