2023 Christmas Meltdown competition entries…

Over 30 seats open on my flight home this afternoon. Airports didn’t seem any more crowded than other weekends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I read an article that pre-pandemic, day before Thanksgiving (Wednesday) and that Sunday a few days later are the busiest travel days for flying. But since the pandemic with many more WFH options, people have been spreading out their travel. Notably, people leaving the weekend before, and just working M-T-W at their destination. And combinations of leaving Monday or Tuesday.

So I'm not surprised to see "Wednesday doesn't look that bad!"

I at least found I-5 to be wide open this morning, surprisingly. Maybe all the commuters were already on PTO by that point?

I'd contrast that with last Saturday, trying to drive down to the IKEA in Renton to grab some garage cabinets. That was a horrible drive, for whatever reason.

I at least found I-5 to be wide open this morning, surprisingly. Maybe all the commuters were already on PTO by that point?

I'd contrast that with last Saturday, trying to drive down to the IKEA in Renton to grab some garage cabinets. That was a horrible drive, for whatever reason.

Whereabouts in SEA are you?

Thats just I5…mid-morning/afternoon, when you expect people to be at work…nope, bumper to bumper traffic er’where. It’s like Costco, always busy.

SouthCenter has turned into even more of a madhouse now, the only thing going for it, is now the Chick-Fil-A there has a dedicated mobile order lane 🙌🏼🙌🏼🙌🏼

Thats just I5…mid-morning/afternoon, when you expect people to be at work…nope, bumper to bumper traffic er’where. It’s like Costco, always busy.

SouthCenter has turned into even more of a madhouse now, the only thing going for it, is now the Chick-Fil-A there has a dedicated mobile order lane 🙌🏼🙌🏼🙌🏼

I think the biggest thing I learned in NH training, living in south center, is how to really aggressively bypass most all the traffic who are numb nuts who don't know where they are going. There are some very specific lanes you need to be in for this. I'm a genius there in a 2 mile radius, not so much anywhere else, though I can tell you what lane you want to be on I-5 NB, by which milepost approaching downtown Seattle, when the HOV NB exit is closed......for a fee :)

Last edited:
That said, always scratch my head when I fly with someone who says they normally fly about an 80-85 hour month completely at straight pay. Like, my man, that’s very honest work but it’s way too much of it. For my part, our reserve work rules allow for the real possibility of making way more money for generally the exact same amount of work. That’s the kind of premium time flying I can and do get behind
I never understood this either. I bid long call, pays 75, actually fly like 30. Or bid a junior line that pays 82, flies 82
o_O

Back