2014 Fitness Goals

skypilot6

2013 was a great year fitness wise for me, I lost over 50 pounds, and ran my first 5k in 28:28. So here are some of my 2014 fitness goals.

Lose more weight, another 20-30 pounds.
Improve my 5k pace, 25 min 5k would be nice.
Run a 10k, and possibly a Half Marathon.

What are everyones fitness goals for 2014?

Thanks for the nudge. I settled into 5 mile runs every other day in 2013 and am very comfortable with that...need to shake it up now that I'm 50. :eek2:

Goals for 2014
  1. Recover from this Hernia Surgery...Ouch! And mine was preventative in nature with nothing poking through. I feel for those who've experience the real thing.
  2. Aerobics and Kick Boxing at least once a week with My Bride
  3. 1,000 miles for the year
  4. Actually run a competitive race...5k, 10k, etc. I've never done that.
  5. Improve my speed...see if I can speed up to 6:00/miles
  6. Start working on upper body...I'm weak

gain weight. im 6 4 and 200lbs

It probably depends a little on frame, but I think that is about where you want to be at that height if you are fit. I am also 6'4" and a pretty fit 201lbs shooting for under 195 for riding this season. I am by no means a stick.

It probably depends a little on frame, but I think that is about where you want to be at that height if you are fit. I am also 6'4" and a pretty fit 201lbs shooting for under 195 for riding this season. I am by no means a stick.

Im not a stick anymore, just looking to bulk a little bit. Nice and slow

Finish Ironman Racine, improve my time from last year in the Chicago Lifetime triathlon, swim faster, and run more.

Im not a stick anymore, just looking to bulk a little bit. Nice and slow

Nice, good luck with it. I am sort of going in the other direction in that I am trying to keep more or less the same level of muscle, but get rid of some remaining fat around my core.

I'd like to see an ab before summer haha.

I've been doing Crossfit now pretty consistently since November (3x a week) and I haven't really lost a whole lot of weight but I've definitely seen a change in body composition. My pants are looser, I can notch the belt one notch tighter, and my posture and strength have improved dramatically (75 lbs squat to 255 lbs squat). My goal is to keep it up and hopefully get bodyweight down to 185 lbs. I'm currently 6' 203 lbs. Started at 212 lbs.

Maintain my running habits. Do a few more triathlons and possibly an Ironman towards the end of the year.

Remember that scene in Twins where Schwarzenegger rips his sleeve while flexing his bicep? I'd like to be able to do that in my uniform shirts.

I've love a sub 1hr 10K run. I always seem to finish around 1hr 5min. It doesn't matter if it's a 10K run or an Olympic distance triathlon, the run time is consistent. My bike performance really improved last year, and my swim stayed the same. Shaving 15min of the run would be outstanding. This year will be the year of the run.

- Sub 20:00 minute 3 mile, shooting for around 18:00
- Muscle Ups, and increase repetitions
- 12 miles at a 8 minute mile pace, to start
- Start Crossfit
- Get back up to 25 pullups, clean and consistently

Nice, good luck with it. I am sort of going in the other direction in that I am trying to keep more or less the same level of muscle, but get rid of some remaining fat around my core.

cutting and bulking, all about the eating and it's incredibly difficult either way lol

Back