121 guys, how does this happen? (AKA,Oh Delta)

Coming into DFW from the northwest, I never asked for the 13R if they were landing north or south. Just couldn't do it. Got offered it a few times and if it was late in the game it was hard getting down. But I never asked for it.

I know...

Lots and lots and lots of folks have NO idea what I'm talking about.

Go back to your Ancient Greek philosophers and work, gradually, forward from there to here. You'll get it in time. But you'll have to forgo that BIGSCREENTV! that you purchased with you HUGEPILOTPAY!, and actually do some reading. (I understand that reading is hard and real boring.) And... don't forget to drink BRAWNDO!!!! It's got what plants crave!
Sir, this is a Wendy’s

OK, I'll explain. Much like I once did for the old carpenter who then picked up his hammer and saw.

It's all primarily about VALUE. It's never primarily about PAY. I recently talked to an "Airline Guy" who was happy as a clam in his job and making $350-$400k a year, which paid ALL his bills and left him LOTS of money to save. But no. He was deeply ensconced withing the herd and therefore pissed and "READY to STRIKE!"... solely because he was NOT being invidiously distinguished by having a salary equal to or greater than those of his "peers" at "another airline".

WTF, over?!?

We get paid for the value we provide. Period.

We should never get paid to keep up with the Joneses' or just because we feel like we're in a position that ephemerally allows us to demand more. The Joneses' in this "industry" didn't go to "Collage" either.

It's all about value you provide to society. It's got nothing to do with the size of your Richard, the size of your boat, or the size of your paycheck relative to the asshats who are fellow members of your "country" club.

There are a lot of us out here in flyboy land who, daily and without any planned schedule, do 5X to 6X more actually work than you airline pilots and get paid a lot less to do it. We love to fly and we are demonstrably "service oriented". (God, I hate marketing terms.)

Stop yer whinging! Seriously, stop it. Go make some customers HAPPY!!!!

@derg , you bot is all messed up again.

Sir, this is a Wendy’s
Yeah, ok, and I want a fine dining experience. You know, that is probably one of the best explanations I've ever received on this board in regards to the continuous cognitive dissonance I experience 'round these parts.

Thanks. I really mean that... there is iron in your words. Thanks. :)

So, what about that United 767? Looks toast? Repairable?

Yikes

B7FDFDF2-318F-4F8D-97A0-069577A9185C.jpeg

I get paid by the minute dawg!! Plus I know someone who got bitten by some “creative” work by SFO tower. I’d rather just wait and get paid.
I get that mindset. I guess my background has made me super operations\customer focused in my thinking and I'm always paying to rent when I fly so I try to save time wherever it isn't unsafe. "Oh Livermore winds are 250/14 but I'm coming from the West? No traffic in the pattern, big runway, I guess I'll request 07L and get some tailwind practice". I'm sure it's different when you're stretching your wallet in the other direction.

Yeah, ok, and I want a fine dining experience. You know, that is probably one of the best explanations I've ever received on this board in regards to the continuous cognitive dissonance I experience 'round these parts.

Thanks. I really mean that... there is iron in your words. Thanks. :)
Yes. The problems you have on JC must lay with the "cognitive dissonance" spouting from all the other stupid members and not with the things you post here.

And put some respect on the name of Dave Thomas. It's fine enough dining.

Last edited:
Call back to a different thread but this is the most likely scenario for me to tell a pf captain “no but you can ask them”.

Like my guy, we’ve been slowed to 250 since freakin midland, APP hasn’t stopped transmitting long enough for me to check in, a sky west pilot is stepping all over everyone, and we’re parking A9… just so we can spend 17 minutes on the ES route instead of the 9 minutes crossing WL foxtrot alpha ground on top of the bridge. No.
That said, sneaking in on 13R is pretty fun too.

OK, I'll explain. Much like I once did for the old carpenter who then picked up his hammer and saw.

It's all primarily about VALUE. It's never primarily about PAY. I recently talked to an "Airline Guy" who was happy as a clam in his job and making $350-$400k a year, which paid ALL his bills and left him LOTS of money to save. But no. He was deeply ensconced withing the herd and therefore pissed and "READY to STRIKE!"... solely because he was NOT being invidiously distinguished by having a salary equal to or greater than those of his "peers" at "another airline".

WTF, over?!?

We should never get paid to keep up with the Joneses' or just because we feel like we're in a position that ephemerally allows us to demand more. The Joneses' in this "industry" didn't go to "Collage" either.

It's all about value you provide to society. It's got nothing to do with the size of your Richard, the size of your boat, or the size of your paycheck relative to the asshats who are fellow members of your "country" club.

There are a lot of us out here in flyboy land who, daily and without any planned schedule, do 5X to 6X more actually work than you airline pilots and get paid a lot less to do it. We love to fly and we are demonstrably "service oriented". (God, I hate marketing terms.)

The living embodiment of why I left 91/135

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WTF, over?!?

“Value” is only a small part of the formula.

I got paid roughly $5000 to fly from Paris to Detroit yesterday. 306 fare-paying passengers, zero non-revs and a belly full of cargo. There’s no direct line between the revenue and my compensation because it would be well north.

You get paid what you negotiate.

Makes me think of the captain I flew with in 2017 who would request the then-rarely used 1L/19R at IAD to build PIC time from the extra long taxi (if you're not familiar with IAD, it's at least a mile from the terminals). He would also fly at 55% torque for the same reason.

OMG those types of people are dooooosh nozzle supremes with sour cream on top.

I got paid roughly $5000 to fly from Paris to Detroit yesterday. 306 fare-paying passengers, zero non-revs and a belly full of cargo. There’s no direct line between the revenue and my compensation because it would be well north.

The company just signs the check. ALPA writes in the amount.

Can we outsource that to Air France? K thanks bye

-Deltoid management wishes

Back