121 guys, how does this happen? (AKA,Oh Delta)

You literally just wrote something indicating you did, and it was incorrect info.

That was literally the alpha-to-the-omega of all I know about your company.

And it’s just because I have other friends that work there, not like I have some weird Cherokee_Cruiser kink like you do with me! :)

I’ll send you a 5x7 glossy one of these days!

“Value” is only a small part of the formula.

I got paid roughly $5000 to fly from Paris to Detroit yesterday. 306 fare-paying passengers, zero non-revs and a belly full of cargo. There’s no direct line between the revenue and my compensation because it would be well north.

You get paid what you negotiate.

Flew a A lister to Europe and back to other day from LA for a photo op. 3 days, $2500 a day in the Gulfstream.

And I’m leaving to 121 so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flew a A lister to Europe and back to other day from LA for a photo op. 3 days, $2500 a day in the Gulfstream.

And I’m leaving to 121 so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve been personally witness to people sending their jet to “get the dog”.

Unlike your shop, there’s this thing called ‘scope’.
1691075104022.gif

I’ve been personally witness to people sending their jet to “get the dog”.

That is very common outside of 121. I could type a long list of examples from first hand experience, or from friends & colleagues. The less exciting ones are get the dog, or a forgotten garment/ piece of jewelry, and my favorite is just after landing the passenger changes their mind and wants to go back.

Even if you don’t fly these trips, hang out at a busy FBO long enough and you see some weird stuff go through the lobby.

Was recently on a flight from LAX to ATL that got held on the ground at LAX for about 2-3 hours after we had boarded (waiting on the maintenance log book...then our pilots timed out lolz)... THEN we ended up getting diverted to Montgomery Alabama due to thunderstorms around ATL and held on the ramp for another 3+ hours while they waited for the fuel truck (≈12+ hrs on an A321 in total). If they had turned the AC off for while we were in the 95 degree humid heat of Alabama, I would have had zero qualms about going ballistic on the flight crew for creating an unsafe situation and opened the damned chutes myself.

Loooool

Making fun of ALA about scope (after the incessant kvetching and kvelling about it on the forums for half a decade) is the about same as titling a thread “oh delta” or making a joke about dumping fuel on kids.

It’s all funny until the leopard eats your own face.

He tries to punch above his weight class, which is admirable. But CC can't handle the clap-back! :)

Back