121 future with vaccine

That's cute, but the likelihood of a Donny victory is only 1 in 4. If he does pull that rabbit out of the hat somehow after being partially responsible for the deaths of a quarter million citizens, then yes, it's unlikely that a large portion of the country will take a vaccine approved by his administration.
Note that I consider this number to be far too high for comfort.

My “yellow card” is chock full of vaccines (up to date!) boosters and I follow the schedule to a T.

When I started flying international, I told the Good Doctor Forred that “Just write down everything you think I should have if I was in the jungle in Thailand, a Malaria Endemic Zone in Western Africa or eating street food in Cairo” and I did them all, and still do regular boosters.

I love vaccines and science.

But, a vax rushed to market because of political pressure? Oh, eff THAT! And no, after the Tuskegee Experiments the government has to both acknowledge and rebuild that trust before I allow myself to be a test subject.

Imagine the administering the vaccine in "poor" communities first under the impression that they are "protecting" the most vulnerable?

No, because I think most people won't take the vaccine if it's rushed to market. I can guarantee you that any vaccine approved by the Trump administration will not be trusted by 60% of the population, at least.
Ya hu. Well if people start running for the vaccine let me know where you dig in at.

If i go zombie aim for the head.

I remember waking up on Election Day in 2016, looking at FiveThirtyEight, which had it as a 60-40 race, and going "oh my god, Trump is going to win."
I remember CNN yelling at the 538 guy (not silver) on the tv because they were "making up" data to get clicks while calmly telling everyone that would listen how Trump had a fighting chance (since Comey)

I remember waking up on Election Day in 2016, looking at FiveThirtyEight, which had it as a 60-40 race, and going "oh my god, Trump is going to win."

I figured Trump was a heavy favorite to win in August 2016, when Gary Johnson was polling more than Clinton's margin over Trump. I figured by election day enough Johnson voters would migrate to Trump, and sure enough, many of them did. It was so obvious all through 2016 that the media wanted Trump to win, and they had a huge thumb on the scale for him.

Geez. You guys are acting like this is the polio vaccine. Vaccines an antibodies have come a long way just like the phone in your pocket is different than the one on your Mom's kitchen wall with the twenty foot coiled cord on it.

They are bio engineered to neutralize this specific virus now. Do Coronaviruses mutate? They sure do, so these companies (according to what I read - again, just a pilot here) are engineering molecules that neutralize that part of the virus that remains unchanged or doesn't mutate as rapidly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I figured Trump was a heavy favorite to win in August 2016, when Gary Johnson was polling more than Clinton's margin over Trump. I figured by election day enough Johnson voters would migrate to Trump, and sure enough, many of them did. It was so obvious all through 2016 that the media wanted Trump to win, and they had a huge thumb on the scale for him.
I mean, I’m far more excited over Biden than I was ever over HRC. HilRod was a “well...alright” proposition for me. Biden is too, but I’m more enthused about it because of how bloody awful the Donald and his apparat really are. It’s a very rational choice at this point, not necessarily an excitable one. (Warren, and especially Pete were more exciting to me in the primary stage.)

also, see below-

I remember CNN yelling at the 538 guy (not silver) on the tv because they were "making up" data to get clicks while calmly telling everyone that would listen how Trump had a fighting chance (since Comey)
I think it surprised everyone - including the President’s people, actually. Who have had almost four years to make some plans more sophisticated than “lmao I owned the libs” and have not.

-
I think it surprised everyone - including the President’s people, actually. Who have had almost four years to make some plans more sophisticated than “lmao I owned the libs” and have not.
Yeah, the fireworks display for the RNC at the end was a replay of an SNL sketch right after Trumps victory. I really think its time for "libs" to stop reacting to every verbal poke like anyone cares.

You know what's popular, ending forever wars. Biden should just say and do that over and over again and he'll win. I say that as a hardened political analyst.

I mean, political pressure? This thing is gonna kill 200k easy. I get it you don't trust it, I'm not asking you to, isnt it possible everyone (cynic and career government employee doing good things) all said, "yo, you rush this thing through as safely as possible!"

Im not saying the vaccine will be perfect, but it's gotta be bad (worse than first polio vaccine bad) to say numerically its worse than covid.

I feel like I'm living in crazy world or something.

We have been living in a crazy world for quite a while.

A good clue about the politicization of public health should have been the pushing of Hydroxychlorquine and how the neckbeards thought it was a magical cure despite the rest of the world seeing measured benefit but not the magic bullet the blogosphere thought it was. Then it was convalescent plasma was going to save the day, until it didn’t.

Make it to an airplane analogy. The aircraft Is down for maintenance. We put it in the logbook (we have a problem), we call maintenance (a licensed, experienced mechanic) and he works on the problem and gives us a time frame. The pandemic response is basically the CEO getting on television, saying “nothing is wrong, the flight will be on time!”, the passengers hopping on Google to figure out what’s wrong with the airplane and the mechanic being told what he can or cannot do to the jet and being strong armed to be quiet and sign it off.

No, I don’t trust a rushed vaccine in this environment nor will I take it. But this is exactly what America signed up for when it put a game show host in command of the country. Enjoy.

I mean, I’m far more excited over Biden than I was ever over HRC. HilRod was a “well...alright” proposition for me. Biden is too, but I’m more enthused about it because of how bloody awful the Donald and his apparat really are. It’s a very rational choice at this point, not necessarily an excitable one. (Warren, and especially Pete were more exciting to me in the primary stage.)

also, see below-

To be honest I don't think many candidates will seem "excitable" after a general election campaign against them. Republicans are very adept at burying their opponents in smears, which is effective since many Democratic voters won't turn out unless they are "inspired", while the GOP's base largely recognizes the importance of every election. As much as I like Pete he would have probably gotten especially negative press coverage, and did in the primaries, since he brings out envy in underachieving Ivy League graduates like nobody's business.

I do think Biden is better at politics than anyone gives him credit for, and many including me have underestimated him this campaign, so there's hope he might win. The media has a strong Republican bias in general but they seemed to have an especially maniacal hatred of Hillary Clinton. Not sure if it's "mommy issues" or what. For instance after Trump's Access Hollywood tape came out they came to his rescue within hours by covering inane minutiae of Podesta's e-mails like they were a legitimate scandal. Even with CNN claiming Trump had no chance, as jynxyjoe pointed out, I think this was a deliberate strategy by the Trump campaign to lure Democratic voters into complacency, and it was extremely effective.

I don't believe for a second Trump didn't want to be President or try to win, yet you had people insisting he would drop out at any second. This was also a deliberate strategy by the Trump campaign to contrast himself with the "overprepared" Hillary Clinton, who showed, shall we say, "demographically unbecoming" ambition.

I do think Biden is better at politics than anyone gives him credit for, and many including me have underestimated him this campaign, so there's hope he might win.
Oh for sure. You don’t stay in the Senate for god knows how long if you’re *bad* at politics. And he made Obama look good, too, as VP, in terms of how he legitimately ran a lot of programs. But the thing I’m excited the most about with him is electing him and then never hearing a peep again.

Geez. You guys are acting like this is the polio vaccine. Vaccines an antibodies have come a long way just like the phone in your pocket is different than the one on your Mom's kitchen wall with the twenty foot coiled cord on it.

They are bio engineered to neutralize this specific virus now. Do Coronaviruses mutate? They sure do, so these companies (according to what I read - again, just a pilot here) are engineering molecules that neutralize that part of the virus that remains unchanged or doesn't mutate as rapidly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They are using new technology on a few of these vaccines. New stuff usually has a few bugs that need to be figured out. That is not the time to rush things.

What will the effects of the vaccine be on unborn babies? If the trials don't even last 9 months, it's impossible to know.

That’s exactly what’s going to happen

We’re going to get “Tuskegee’d” all over again. And 99% of the forum has no idea what that even means.

You been to PIT recently? A nice display in one of the terminals. Had no idea how many airmen were from Pennsylvania.

As for the vaccines, there are articles from numerous sources saying that despite efforts, they are not getting minorities to sign up for trials. Not good, considering how much Covid has affected minority groups.

Back