What this website is about

Every now and then, there is a meet and greet in the Dallas area...haven't seen one in a while since Kell, Brett, and JTrain have been gone. I know FROGGY would meet up for a beer or three :) right FROG? If they do a meet and greet in Dallas, I'll hook up with ya for a portion of the flight or gas for the drive.

Thats a good Idea :nana2:
Only a 3 hour drive from SHV!!!

I can tell you this.....meeting folks in person gives you a whole different perspective than just knowing their names from this site. Since I've sat and B.S.ed with the likes of Brett/KELL and met Ryan, I read their post differently than what I did having not known them. You can match a little bit of their personality with a posting and not just take it for the words you read on a screen--makes a big difference. It's easy to read postings and think -- that person is a D**K or an A$$, but if you knew them from meeting and talking to that person one on one...your viewpoint would possibly be different....not ALWAYS :) I look forward to meeting a butt load of folks this coming Oct at NJC 07...hope we have a huge showing.

Pac Man

E6B.....got to looking tonight for flight costs from OK City to Vegas and the lowest was $308 with a layover in SLC and $361 for a straight shot there and a quick layover in Phoenix on the way back. If you get strapped for the ticket....see if you can hook up on one of the offered buddy passes.

Every now and then, there is a meet and greet in the Dallas area...haven't seen one in a while since Kell, Brett, and JTrain have been gone. I know FROGGY would meet up for a beer or three :) right FROG? If they do a meet and greet in Dallas, I'll hook up with ya for a portion of the flight or gas for the drive.

I think we should definantly try and arrange one in Dallas. Can land in at Addison and someone over 25 can go rent us a nice new Jaguar :nana2:

I'm still trying to figure out what the "buddy passes" are. However, I found some fares on SouthWests website, but they only go through May 10 at the monent, but the fares are around $300 round-trip. I was thinking if we book far enough in advance than we could get around the same fare at the end of October.

But its true what a couple people have said... it seems like there are a lot of people who know each other on the threads and they throw the inside jokes back and forth.... so I'm always like "what the hell are they talking about?

No worries. No one gets it all, because I sure in hell don't and I run the website! :)

On the central Texas thing, there are a crap load of users in Texas. Matter of fact, drop into Skymates and say "Hey, I'm E6BAviator from JC" and you're going to meet some great people from the site. Or if you're closer to IAH, go stalk out the Expressjet terminal! :)

E6B....we looked at Epedia.com and they have fares/times for Oct. Take a gander at that site. Hotwire.com and Travelocity were very much the same in pricing.

Pac Man

Hey Doug you know there was a shooting at a school in Van Nuys like right after you sent me that text? Good thing I heeded the warning.

NJC can get you a job.

I arrived to NJC 07 like a super star i.e. fashionable late. Everyone came around to me and greeted me. Then outa the corner of my eye I see this large 6'4" 200-something pound football player build guy come up to me.

"Max,are you a freaking pilot dude? Are you flying yet?" He is like right there in front me me drawfing my 5'8" frame.

No,I respond. Well you need to ####ing get off your ass and do it. And keep me abreast of your training and when you have the times or hell don't think you meet the mins. You let me know and I'll walk your app into Colgan myself.

It was funny at the time. But I think,no I know that the guy is totally serious.

Likewise with XJT,PCL,SKYW etc. These people know me and maybe will help me get a job next year. Make NJC a priority,you'll be happy that you did!

:)

We do need to do some DFW stuff.

JH hosted a lil smashedfest over the summer with a bunch of the skymates people and KLB as well as others.

Pacman, you forgot to cube the beer or 3 :).

As for my NJC status: sure, I'd love to go and meet everyone. I don't think it would be awkward at all. The days are somewhat bothersome though. That tuesday is killer for me. Maybe a sundee mondee thing for FF. Time will tell.
(^^^ 4th grade writing level!! score!)

If someone wants to plan a DFW thing, I'd definately be there.

I really haven't figuered out what this site is about.:confused: :sarcasm: I thought it was about who can read the dictionary the most or who the best speller is. I just don't know...:whatever: :sarcasm:

NJC can get you a job.

I arrived to NJC 07 like a super star i.e. fashionable late.

Wow, what is it like riding in the DeLorean? :)

I think everyone should come to my house in good 'ol Buffalo for some beer and wings. Only catch is everyone must bring their own beer...and their own wings :nana2::nana2::nana2:

Lol,I was gonna list my fave regional. But I don't know you and Philosopher Pilot personally so I didn't. But okay,expect a call or PM sometime next year if ASA is still hiring!

:)

Methinks he's not going to be at ASA next year!

Back