What this website is about

This sight is the bomb diggity!:nana2: Seriously though. I found this sight back in the haydays of 2001, but I didn't stop lurking till Nov of 2002. The best thing I ever did! I was in the Navy and was facing being medically discharged. I had my PPL and finally decided to follow my dreams. My awesome wife backed me 100% of the way. I took the big leap and headed to DCA the day after I was discharged. I learned a lot about DCA from the JC and some JC members who had gone or were at DCA. I inturn gave back to JC by posting my daily adventures both good and bad.
I was finally able to attend my first M&G at The Taylor Casa for New Years. I met a great group of individuals including Maxie, SBE and Mike D. (I didn't forget you to Mav!) We had a M&G in Orlando at Downtown Disney with Kristie and her sister. Finally met The infamous Mr. Creepy (realy nice guy out of the Lav.) NJC 2005 was my first initialtion to the Vegas crowd. I finally go to meet all the othe clowns on this site, FlyChicaga, my man Lloyd, JEP, TonyW, Don the man of mystery, and other great members. Crashed a 737 with Jtrain.
I've sort of gotten in a slump as far as flying is concerned, but I've gotten some motivation the past few month from you guys and I'm back on the path and thanks to FrankP for letting be tag along and be his copilot to BWG for his ATP interview.
I look forward to seein everyone at NJC Chigago and NJC 2007. I finally have vacation days, so I can actually stay an enjoy the festivities, instead of being a one day nonrev adventure. Doug and Kristie, thanks for letting be hangout in your living room.

I've been on this site for about 7 years now, since before I had my first hour. Iain introduced me to the site before taking me on my first flight and hooking me up with my first 'flying' job - working the desk at the local pilot shop.

Sicne then I've had way too many non-flying jobs, and 4 flying ones: 2 as a CFI, freight doggin it, and now airline pilot. I've also changed addresses 3 times. I keep learning and making contacts through JC.

So far I've only made 2 JC events; It hasn't been easy between being a broke CFI, to working 6 days a week as a freight dawg, to driving across the country during the last event. But now that I have some great travel bennies you can be sure I'll be making more appearances!

Are ATCers invited? :p

Most defintely! I see your dream facility is KLAS. A couple of years ago we actually got to go up in the tower for a tour....

And my small world story......Was talking with one of the female controllers and it turns out she was a tower controller at teh very airport I did my training at....

Most defintely! I see your dream facility is KLAS. A couple of years ago we actually got to go up in the tower for a tour....

And my small world story......Was talking with one of the female controllers and it turns out she was a tower controller at teh very airport I did my training at....

That's pretty neat; I love stumbling upon coincidences like that.

Tell me all about what you saw there, if you don't mind. How many controllers were on-duty? Did they seem anxious, and hurried, or enjoying their job? :) Were they all ex-military controllers?

Back