Air Force or Marines?

What Branch?

• Air Force

Votes: 21 84.0%
  • Marines

Votes: 4 16.0%

• Total voters
Sometime in the last few months I was on a Delta BRJ from AVL-ATL. Captain made a similar PA, but from the flight deck. “We’re both military trained, so you’re in good hands.”
We had an infamous/notorious CA at the last shop who would make it a point to tell pax that the FO was brand-new and learning, but that he was 'military trained' so they were in good hands.

Makes me wonder if it was the same guy, since the last rumor I heard was that he washed out of UA training.

Pretty soon, companies will give a strict script to follow, and hopefully so.

During the pandemic I think I rode on one of this guy’s flights. It was a similar PA but included instructions about masks and don’t harass my crew.

That was SOP for at least one 135 that I know of. It flows really nicely too, checked the boxes for introducing the crew, time en route, weather along the way, verifying passenger identification, the destination, which FBO, ground transportation….

But something something about lack of standardization outside of 121 and it’s dangerous.

Commies!
NEVER seen this “professionalism” in a Corporate operation.

I give you full license to bash the one twenty weenies that are Delta Airlines. No other group thinks so highly of themselves and makes it on YouTube. This guy. Captain (whoever), callsign Hollywood. Captain Happy.

Delta pilots need a new course in initial and recurrent.

It should be titled, “No, you aren’t THAT special.”

We had a PA Guidebook for years, then the usual suspects got triggered with “OMG, they‘re giving us a script, how hard is this, I have 400 carrier traps, a PA isn’t a challenge”

Now we have “Callsiiiiiiiiiiiiiiign Hollywoooooooooooooooo” and “MY JET MY PLANE MY LANTA! MY PEROGATIVE! I can doooo what I want to doooo it’s MY PEROGATIVE“ #BobbyBrown

Only your arrogance would make you think that I need or want you to “give” me anything.

What you have provided through your posts is that you obviously need/want/crave attention. Sad that you didn’t have anyone to hang out with on the schoolyard……

Your avatar tagline should be “Not THAT special!”

I give you full license to bash the one twenty weenies that are Delta Airlines. No other group thinks so highly of themselves and makes it on YouTube. This guy. Captain (whoever), callsign Hollywood. Captain Happy.

Delta pilots need a new course in initial and recurrent.

It should be titled, “No, you aren’t THAT special.”

Think this kind of tomfoolery doesn’t happen at our shop? I’m pretty sure it does.

Youse guys….

He’s probably an awesome dude who’s just super into his job. That’s a darn rare thing these days.

With that being said, I’ll tell my FOs “Yo hey man, the SO tells me I really shouldn’t interact with people, like ever. So how about you say goodbye to the folks each leg, and I’ll get all the walk arounds. It’s probably for the best all around”

To be clear, I’m not advocating for this sort of thing. And to the other comments about people saying things like “military trained” is just a cringey thing to say. But i dont think there is anything wrong with a “welcome aboard” PA (ideally made from the flight deck because that’s not weird) brief including things like “please follow the directions of the flight attendants, yadda yadda”…..I agree this dude went way overboard, and the “servant leader” stuff is cringey as well. Passengers don’t care about your PIC authority, and there isn’t any reason for them to need to know.

Best Welcome Aboard PA :

Welcome
Flight number
Destination
Wx enroute (if any) and destination
Thank the passengers for choosing XYZ airline for their traveling plans
Welcome aboard.

All the other stuff is just fluff that really doesn’t need to be said, the FA’s got it covered. Let them do their job.

Best Welcome Aboard PA :

Welcome
Flight number
Destination
Wx enroute (if any) and destination
Thank the passengers for choosing XYZ airline for their traveling plans
Welcome aboard.

All the other stuff is just fluff that really doesn’t need to be said, the FA’s got it covered. Let them do their job.
personally every time the captain lets me near the PA I like to take the opportunity to pitch our latest credit card deals

personally every time the captain lets me near the PA I like to take the opportunity to pitch our latest credit card deals

One of these days I’m going to ask a flight attendant for a credit card application, I wonder if I qualify for the mileage bonus if I’m working the flight? It would benefit me more so than the current Wells Fargo card I have.

One of these days I’m going to ask a flight attendant for a credit card application, I wonder if I qualify for the mileage bonus if I’m working the flight? It would benefit me more so than the current Wells Fargo card I have.
I’ve had one for years, prior to getting hired here mileage tickets and a companion fare were the only way to get out of juneau with a family of 5 remotely affordably

Back