Challenger crashed onto highway in Naples FL

It isn't even smart to say it out loud lol. At least Alaska pretended to want to merge with Virgin. They did it the right way, pretend to want to do it one way, but then completely kill the model once the merger was approved lol.
Oh, these two •ed it up from the outset. The transaction was a bad-for-consumers idea anyway, but (especially) B6 management really blew it, to the detriment of both of these carriers.

New here. Hi all. Regarding the the DEF, Prist conversation, I work line at the sole FBO at CLT. Not sure about other places but we have a Prist tank and a DEF tank on all our fuel trucks. So the Prist gets mixed in in the fueling process with the turn of a knob if requested. Obviously the DEF and Prist tanks are clearly labeled but mistakes could happen. The DEF and Prist refilling areas are clearly marked and labeled and are kept about 100 yards from each. Further making extra steps not to confuse or combine the 2.
If you're ever at Wilson Air at CLT during the night say hi. I usually have a smile unless a Lav is requested 😁

Welcome to JC. Wilson is likely my favorite FBO chain and CLT is the best. Always enjoy our trips through there. Company I fly for used to be based in the hangar at the east side of the ramp. 2 Lear 45s. You may know one of my former coworkers since he worked the ramp (and then charters across the airport) while he was flying for us. He left us in 2022 for Republic and is flying the 747 with Atlas now.

We're still in and out of CLT fairly often, but almost always during the day.

I think there are still a handful of people I know that still work there from my days of working the ramp. I've not been there in a while. May have to poke my head in one day.

Gavin was awarded AIN's "Above and Beyond" award last summer. He's been there 18 years so good chance you knew him. You probably know (or would recognize) a handful of people I work with too.

The one thing I have brought from the airlines back to the military.......now that I'm in a crewed airplane on the mil side as well, I always brief that in the event of an emergency involving something we can't undo, I will ask for confirmation (before I for example, shut an engine down).
That was a very basic part of the checklists for engine fire switches and fuel shutoffs. Engine shutdowns. It was in the preamble to the emergency chapter in the AOM, as well. You must get confirmation from the other pilot. Thought that was a standard everywhere.

What’s that? A transparent attempt to eliminate a direct competitor? Eeeeeyep!
Then what are they doing? JB specifically said it would kill the model when merged, which became a public transportation issue.

Lol....you guys are too much.

A public transportation issue? GTFOH.

"A TRANSPARENT ATTEMPT TO KILL A COMPETITOR" Whut? JB wants the planes, wants the pilots and crews. Any adult with a 3 digit IQ knows JB wasn't buying Spirit to shrink it out of existence, laying off all crew as it does so....It was buying a failing competitor to fold it into itself and grow, and better compete against the entrenched carriers. You're getting wound up about "kill." Would you prefer "we will remove the ULCC carrier aspects of Spirit?"

Welcome to JC. Wilson is likely my favorite FBO chain and CLT is the best. Always enjoy our trips through there. Company I fly for used to be based in the hangar at the east side of the ramp. 2 Lear 45s. You may know one of my former coworkers since he worked the ramp (and then charters across the airport) while he was flying for us. He left us in 2022 for Republic and is flying the 747 with Atlas now.

Gavin was awarded AIN's "Above and Beyond" award last summer. He's been there 18 years so good chance you knew him. You probably know (or would recognize) a handful of people I work with too.

Wilson is awesome until you are trying to keep track of fuel accounting and fuel card use matters,
their system is among the worst I have ever seen.

But everything else is among the best

Lol....you guys are too much.

A public transportation issue? GTFOH.

"A TRANSPARENT ATTEMPT TO KILL A COMPETITOR" Whut? JB wants the planes, wants the pilots and crews. Any adult with a 3 digit IQ knows JB wasn't buying Spirit to shrink it out of existence, laying off all crew as it does so....It was buying a failing competitor to fold it into itself and grow, and better compete against the entrenched carriers. You're getting wound up about "kill." Would you prefer "we will remove the ULCC carrier aspects of Spirit?"

JB stated in their SEC filing that they plan to do away with the ULCC model of Spirit. This effectively eliminates a form of public transportation. Buying an airline for the airplanes and pilots is killing an airline. It is killing the Spirit business model, and potentially the route structure associated with it. Sure the irony is that Spirit might fail and die, leaving the point moot but that is the reality of the DOT decision.

Tell me how JB buying Spirit and killing it, benefits the public...

Then what are they doing? JB specifically said it would kill the model when merged, which became a public transportation issue.

The model.

As in, eliminate Soirit’s 40 lb check in bag limit to match JetBlue’s 50 lb limit. As in, match jetBlue checkin bag fees, unlike Spirit - the highest in the nation. As in, match jetblue seat selection fees, unlike Spirit - the highest in the nation.

JB stated in their SEC filing that they plan to do away with the ULCC model of Spirit. This effectively eliminates a form of public transportation. Buying an airline for the airplanes and pilots is killing an airline. It is killing the Spirit business model, and potentially the route structure associated with it. Sure the irony is that Spirit might fail and die, leaving the point moot but that is the reality of the DOT decision.

Tell me how JB buying Spirit and killing it, benefits the public...

Existing as JetBlue is better than not existing at all, for starters.

The one thing I have brought from the airlines back to the military.......now that I'm in a crewed airplane on the mil side as well, I always brief that in the event of an emergency involving something we can't undo, I will ask for confirmation (before I for example, shut an engine down).

Does the RIO/WSO/ECMO in the Hornet rear cockpit have engine instruments back there? Or is it all mission-related systems and avionics?

Let me get this straight. So a companies incompetence to make money, during historical travel demand is Biden’s fault?

In Cherokee Cruiser’ville, only during democratic administrations.

*sigh*

The model.

As in, eliminate Soirit’s 40 lb check in bag limit to match JetBlue’s 50 lb limit. As in, match jetBlue checkin bag fees, unlike Spirit - the highest in the nation. As in, match jetblue seat selection fees, unlike Spirit - the highest in the nation.

There are people out there who rely on Spirit's $50 ticket to travel because that's all they can afford. They don't check bags. They don't pay for extras. They just buy their ticket and go. That would go away in a merger with jetblue and that was the consumer that DOJ was protecting.

*sigh*

Good sources. :)

*sigh*

Since I can’t reply in crayon, I’ll try asking again. What does merger policy have to do with incompetence? Travel is at record level, meaning there’s record demand for said product. Maybe after four years of losses, someone in management would like to change the way they deliver said product?

Which would literally remove access to being able to afford flights to a large segment of the population that currently relies on Spirit level fares.
So then the government should subsidize the losses? Can’t expect a private company to provide that at a loss

That's great for Gavin! Definitely knew him. The only Lear 45's I knew based there at the time I was there was Family Dollar. A lot has changed in the 14 years I've been gone.

Back