Challenger crashed onto highway in Naples FL

A thought on the prist discussion...

My operation has been flying Citations for years. Some require prist. For a long time everyone took a pretty casual approach to ensuring it was added.

After a couple incidents of getting fueled negative (without prist) our company changed internal policy to require the crew to either verbally confirm with the fueler that they're adding prist or check the receipt after fueling.

After a few more incidents of getting fueled negative, we now require a crew member to be present at the time the truck hooks up to the airplane and verify prist is getting pumped. On a regular basis, I hear stories of narrowly averted misfuelings.

So my question is, has the quality of line service personnel gone down considerably in recent years? Or has the increased vigilance simply led to identifying a bunch of misfuelings that were never caught before?

If it is the latter, I also can't help but wonder how long an aircraft which requires prist could fly without it, as our fleet might have flown quite a few incident-free hours without prist without knowing it back in the day.

No need for Prist. The CL-600 series has a fuel/oil heat exchanger between the engine-driven fuel pump and the filter, which does have a bypass

This would have been my question. I fly one plane (the gray one) where PRIST is prohibited. I assumed that other modern jet aircraft have similar fuel/oil HX and appropriate fuel system configuration as you say. The other plane very well could too :)

The one thing I have brought from the airlines back to the military.......now that I'm in a crewed airplane on the mil side as well, I always brief that in the event of an emergency involving something we can't undo, I will ask for confirmation (before I for example, shut an engine down).

No dispenser. Just a tank for the trucks diesel engine to use. But you could see were one could accidentally fill the Prist tank with DEF. There are plenty of things in the way to prevent that from happening. Hopefully.
That makes so much more sense.

Tell that to Spirit employees when they go Chptr 11 or 7 (according to a Cowen analyst).
Let the record show that you’ll be there saying “told you so, sucks to be you” if thousands of your peers indeed end up losing their jobs.

Tell that to Spirit employees when they go Chptr 11 or 7 (according to a Cowen analyst).

Can you draw a timeline of events leading up to the current state of Spirit?

I'd be curious to see what order you put the NEO engine issues, DOJ, and ticket revenue.

Back