Latest offer from FedEx management: We know it sucks here, we worked out an offer for you guys to go to PSA instead!

I had a foray with a personalized plate on the BMW after a boozy night. But I don’t any more.

I’d love to tease them but I have a checkered past. LOL.

I had a foray with a personalized plate on the BMW after a boozy night. But I don’t any more.

I’d love to tease them but I have a checkered past. LOL.
I remember giving you a ration of crap for it when I saw it.

Then again I’m considering some very nerdy names for my boat, so

At my last place we got 125% for anything over 82 credit, I briefly considered “OVER82” on my Jeep but then realized it wouldn’t make sense when I quit.

I also briefly considered “LOAD15”

Some of the ecoboost fusions can make like 400hp with just a tune. Complete sleeper.
I have a Fusion Titanium AWD, and it’s a fantastic car. 100K on it, never given me an issue, handles in the snow like a champ.

It’s the non-dad car, dad car

emma-stone-thumbs-up.gif
Obligatory Emma Stone 😍

congratulations on your hole in the water in which to throw money.

(Has 3 kids, therefore no room to talk about irresponsible financial decisions)
I’d rather have a boat than an airplane tbhwy…mostly because what I’m looking at would be something I could sleep aboard.

It’s a dream, dreams are dumb but this one might not be that dumb.

I’d rather have a boat than an airplane tbhwy…mostly because what I’m looking at would be something I could sleep aboard.

It’s a dream, dreams are dumb but this one might not be that dumb.

Yeah, I'd for sure picture myself buying a boat long before I thought about an airplane. At least if we end up staying in the puget sound/islands. Not trying to do a bunch of GA IFR flying in my spare time........nothing wrong with that, but sounds like more work, but while not being paid. Boating around the islands on nice days, slinging crab pots around, catching some fish does sound like more fun. Cheaper/day too, unless you maybe have some really nice large twin diesel boat and you drive it a long way (like out the channel offshore). Which some friends of ours are trying to sell, if anyone is interested. Great peeps, good price ($90k?), CA for same virtual eskimo-haole airline. I've driven it, it's nice.

Yeah, I'd for sure picture myself buying a boat long before I thought about an airplane. At least if we end up staying in the puget sound/islands. Not trying to do a bunch of GA IFR flying in my spare time........nothing wrong with that, but sounds like more work, but while not being paid. Boating around the islands on nice days, slinging crab pots around, catching some fish does sound like more fun. Cheaper/day too, unless you maybe have some really nice large twin diesel boat. Which some friends of ours are trying to sell, if anyone is interested. Great peeps, good price ($90k?), CA for same virtual eskimo-haole airline. I've driven it, it's nice.
I have the hots for a Ranger Tug of some sort and a semi-harebrained idea that I'll literally take the floating crashpad to work or to sit short call. It's, surprisingly, not terribly crazy depending on where I want my ashore address to be in Washington--I'd almost rather have a boat I can sleep and cook on and a studio apartment than more space "ashore"--I think.

I joked with a longtime friend of mine - for whom I was best man in his wedding and have known since we were in Boy Scouts (who is now building an airplane) - that he can have the airplane, I'll have the boat, @SurferLucas can have the kids and between all of us we have all of the "fun" covered.

I do like my big roomy Midwest townhouse, but if I could live somewhere I wanted to live *and* wind up in the same time zone as my domicile that'd be neat, and a bonus point to do it on the waters I grew up on as a kid.

Incidentally, regarding GA in the PNW: I've become a real wuss, and I like having ice protection, especially up there. Of course you're talking "more money than a new boat" for that level of equipage and...we do that at work, so what's the fun in that?

Incidentally, regarding GA in the PNW: I've become a real wuss, and I like having ice protection, especially up there. Of course you're talking "more money than a new boat" for that level of equipage and...we do that at work, so what's the fun in that?

Your plan sounds solid. If I didn't have kids, id absolutely do that. Maybe tie up in the marina at Des Moines. Nice bar right there for cocktails once you get "home" too. You could almost walk to work, though you might get shot in Burien. But you wouldn't get your catalytic converter cut away.

I agree. The ice up here is a no sh***er. I've iced up pretty bad, even going fast and getting out of it fast vertically. We don't have FIKI in the EA-18G (or any F/A-18 variant) so it is always fun in the winter coming back to the field. No thanks. And on that note, I fly for 2 jobs simultaneously. I very much don't have the need for more flying. Maybe my tune will change when that no longer is the case, and we're all 787 CA's flying once every 3 months :p

Back