QX2059 Jumpseater tries to shutdown engines

Dannnnng.....

I can go zero to hero for $26,995?!?!? That's some kind of deal there!

Yup, that was 2003. I'm sure someone smarter than me will figure out what that figure would be today adjusting for inflation, time, etc.

2003 I started flight training in a Cherokee Cruiser (roll credits! HA) for $55/hr wet and the instructor for $20/hr. Dual = $75/hr.

A rambling, somewhat nebulous story was posted along with some obviously photoshopped pictures. The story implied to many people that said individual was JSing to South America whilst on reserve somewhere stateside (ORD ish maybe) because there was good coverage and said individual didn’t think they would be used. Some of us thought that it was just a poorly worded way of saying that said jumpseating occurred AFTER a reserve stint of not being used, but rather than explain the misunderstanding said individual got weird and defensive and lost anyone who was on their side originally. The weirdness continued to spiral until the “3rd generation Arizonan” boasts and “AMMA SOOOOO YOUUUUU” threats were leveled at the Dergfather.

Later on said individual worked for my old 135 air taxi in JNU (right about the time I bounced to do medevac) and, after some weird PM exchanges where they tried to act like they knew more than someone who had done the job for 6-7 years at that point, was canned for being too much of a reckless weirdo even for that low-rent bushrat •show. And that’s when I lost track of the story, but there were other epic violations of basic common sense social media policies at basically every subsequent “career” stop”.

Peanut gallery, am I missing anything?
There is a lot more that happened after he was asked to leave the state of Alaska for being too reckless lol. He flew for a very short time at some 134.5s before eventually getting on at an American wholly owned as a DEC. He eventually got fired after being on the watch list. I was told it was because he took off over gross and then tried to blame the FO lol...

I say fired, but rather resigned in lieu of. He has been kicked as a can down the line to the next, and to the next, and to the next. Maybe the funniest story was him being kicked out of indoc at Mesa for lying on his resume. He fell asleep somewhere during indoc and was shown the door too. Honestly, it is hard to keep track of all the stories...

One of my favorite holier-than-thou events with him was when he shared some video of an Asian carrier landing in LAX and blurted this diatribe of garbage analysis about it, and fought literally everyone who told him he was full of crap.

There is a lot more that happened after he was asked to leave the state of Alaska for being too reckless lol. He flew for a very short time at some 134.5s before eventually getting on at an American wholly owned as a DEC. He eventually got fired after being on the watch list. I was told it was because he took off over gross and then tried to blame the FO lol...

I say fired, but rather resigned in lieu of. He has been kicked as a can down the line to the next, and to the next, and to the next. Maybe the funniest story was him being kicked out of indoc at Mesa for lying on his resume. He fell asleep somewhere during indoc and was shown the door too. Honestly, it is hard to keep track of all the stories...

One of my favorite holier-than-thou events with him was when he shared some video of an Asian carrier landing in LAX and blurted this diatribe of garbage analysis about it, and fought literally everyone who told him he was full of crap.
Hahaha amazing.

We had a guy fall asleep every day in ground school at Commutair. He came from Southern flying the 777. He didn't make it through training. I wonder if it's the same guy.

Man, wish this would have happened during my time here. Would have been really entertaining. I'm sure it will happen again though

Wasn’t there a selfie short final while operating?
Not a selfie so much as publishing a pic taken squarely inside of sterile cockpit environs.
IMG_1044.jpg

Go visit the base chiefs. It happens all the time…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually just had a meeting with one of our BCPs the other day, trying to get a buddy of mine in the door who wants to come here when he gets off active duty. It was pretty interesting kind of unrelated, but intentionally or unintentionally, that BCP put some context to a lot of things in a matter of a few minutes. It is kind of interesting to listen to the pulse of the company, outside of the very scripted emails and whatnot that they send out. It was immediately relevant stuff, based on the messaging we got last Friday.

I actually just had a meeting with one of our BCPs the other day, trying to get a buddy of mine in the door who wants to come here when he gets off active duty. It was pretty interesting kind of unrelated, but intentionally or unintentionally, that BCP put some context to a lot of things in a matter of a few minutes. It is kind of interesting to listen to the pulse of the company, outside of the very scripted emails and whatnot that they send out. It was immediately relevant stuff, based on the messaging we got last Friday.

Yeah I drop by the office once a week or so and say hi. Advocate for new hires and say good things about the people I fly with.

I did interview to be a base chief and I learned a lot through the process. Mostly it’s better for them to know you that not.

Yeah I drop by the office once a week or so and say hi. Advocate for new hires and say good things about the people I fly with.

I did interview to be a base chief and I learned a lot through the process. Mostly it’s better for them to know you that not.

Yeah, I do try to not make myself known, but I'm sure I have gotten attention by blowing up their emails every few weeks with some LOR/Rec for one of my bros/gals. I think my NH sponsor count is approaching 10 in the last 6 months. I need to learn how to use that internal rec link though, that pays out, I just never catch them before they have already submitted the app :)

Back