QX2059 Jumpseater tries to shutdown engines

Well, it's very much NOT cool, but I indeed feel nothing towards either when they try to go out that way. Whatever I guess... 🙄

Anyhoo, let's put down the Mountain Dew and get back to the topic at hand.

I heard yesterday that this was in play:

Yup pretty sad that his wife even brought up the idea of seeking some help, just for him to have the response I’m sure any established captain would have. Nope
Well, maybe.

I don't know what's in the Alaska contract as regards LTD, but I'm pretty sure that our LTD lifted the two-year(?) limit for mental health issues (which was just another way of saying "HIMS," as that's literally the only behavioral health tool the business has and all problems look like nails). ALPA's LTD product, if memory serves, contains no such exclusion, so you at least won't starve.

Stop it. People that hurt people driving drunk didn't intend to either. The substance consumed ahead of time WAS intended and so were the actions afterwards! • this guy! 😡

Stop it. People that hurt people driving drunk didn't intend to either. The substance consumed ahead of time WAS intended and so were the actions afterwards! • this guy! 😡
Everyone knows that is your opinion man, if you keep posting about it the responses will only become more personal. Especially since plenty of people in this thread know the guy and like him (which is a pretty good argument about how mental health emergencies can take anyone down IMO). All this posting about it just makes it seem like you have some real-life issue with the guy or something at this point, which is why you get those responses.

Making the argument against jury trials right here.
Lol I'd literally pay to sit in on a jury selection for this case with him as a potential juror. "Do you have any bias towards this case?", they'd ask him, thus unleashing prime 2002 Eminem on the whole courtroom.

The JCer that would be voted “most likely to end up having a booze related news headline written about him” is criticizing someone’s substance use. Neat.
Oh, is there a vote count to everyone holding it together these days!? This world is intense and we all have our own battles, we talk about it on Saturdays at a minimum. I "maybe do it more". You're neat! 🙄

Imma reiterate though, making your issue become someone else's automatically makes you a piece of crap, super extra butthole status when it involves a bunch innocent people... 😡🖕🙄

Last edited:
I agree we need a process, but dude went max • and selfishly tried to take a bunch of people with him. Phuqim! Max prison for that selfish •! 👍🤌😎

You should seek some professional help. Perhaps exactly the help the pilot in the incident should have sought.

What do you mean by “receiving end of this one way or another?”

Back