Technique Only…

Flight number (although it's on the F-PLAN page anyway), BLK, MIN fuel, Planned limit weight for takeoff, SOB, and ATIS. But I need a better system because it usually is a disorganized mess of chicken scratch and I'm trying to figure out a new system that works for how we do things at the new shop. Taxi instructions I'll usually scribble them on the jepp chart itself with the pen function which works decently most of the time.

I’ve got a nearly paperless flight deck. Everything I need to know is readily accessible via the glass, and whatever isn’t (usually just takeoff min fuel) I’ll write on the Aerodata print out. I used to have the flight number and a few other things written on a piece of paper but realized that’s kinda silly since I can see it on the MCDU anyway or know where to find it.

TLDR; just learn where the info you want is and you don’t have to waste paper.

Dude, at one point…prob 2012-2015, I could tell you what the standard clearance would be for every route that we flew. It was something

I can still tell you that if you’re departing/landing inside SEA Center airspace, the transponder code will be 46xx or 47xx.

The ATIS in CAE is 120.15

I suck at memorizing numbers, but that will be with me forever.

Is there any way to go into that software system, and turn turbulence colors down one or two shades? So that way Delta pilots can call light turbulence just light turbulence, instead of the moderate they keep reporting? :)

Heard a SJI guy up on center, on one of those days where it is basically all bad above FL300. He asks about some altitude, they tell him it is rough, and then he gives them the business "we just came down from there because you guys said it would be good here, and it is bad here, SO WHICH IS IT!!!!!??????" (like all right after checking on new freq)

I bet he made friends everywhere

Heard a SJI guy up on center, on one of those days where it is basically all bad above FL300. He asks about some altitude, they tell him it is rough, and then he gives them the business "we just came down from there because you guys said it would be good here, and it is bad here, SO WHICH IS IT!!!!!??????" (like all right after checking on new freq)

I bet he made friends everywhere
I like to give turbulence pireps of smooth at FL430 over Ketchikan “I’m helping!”

I put a mirror on the clip so I can see my sexy face all flight, problem is the mirrors keep breaking. I buy them in bulk

Flight number, ATIS, SOB and freqs for ramp and the switch to departure. Probably should write more down, thanks for all the input as I may incorporate some of the above.

Really glad I don’t have to do the Load Complete, OOOI box and fuel on takeoff anymore, half the time I’d miss the third O if it was my leg. Then I would have to fish that number out somehow in the FMC Progress page while I should be heads up on the taxi in.

I put a mirror on the clip so I can see my sexy face all flight, problem is the mirrors keep breaking. I buy them in bulk

Flight number, ATIS, SOB and freqs for ramp and the switch to departure. Probably should write more down, thanks for all the input as I may incorporate some of the above.

Really glad I don’t have to do the Load Complete, OOOI box and fuel on takeoff anymore, half the time I’d miss the third O if it was my leg. Then I would have to fish that number out somehow in the FMC Progress page while I should be heads up on the taxi in.
No more calling CVG ops.

Ha yep, granted we didn’t call DHL once we shifted to the Amazon ramp. Problem was Amazon ramp didn’t have a freq for a while, we had to wait sometimes 20 plus for the follow me truck at 7am, after flying since 9pm lol
Sounds about right. Glad I don't deal with that operation.

I’m dumb, so flight number top center, route and ETOPS airports. To the left is the ETE, block, min and Asob. Right side has the alternate. Then random scribbles until the tray table unfolds for dinner.
IMG_1552.jpeg

So….to be faaaaaiiiiiiirrrr…..

At southernjets we have an internal turbulence prediction system that was inherited from NWA. Super accurate because of almost 70 years of data that was collected, in and in the old days, manually. The TP data was included in the WX brief, and the each entry described an area or line of expected turbulence, intensity, cause and direction of movement. It also had other weather threats as well, but turbulence was its primary function, and areas of known wave activity were pre designated. Even our Jepp high charts were tailored with the wave areas.

At NWA we had pads of blank “TP charts” that you would sketch the TPs on prior to flight. Even on the DC-9. It was allowable to use the secondary flight plan function in the FMS to sketch them out, rather than drawing.

Fast forward to the merger. They kept the TP system, but not the pads of blank charts, so no real way to jot the information down. So I shrunk an old one down, laminated it and used dry erase mark the TPs. Worked great.

That said, the day the TPs showed up on our EFB weather app was the day my little card got retired.
Now I just watch Widget Weather poop out dots whenever we hit some bumps.

I’m dumb, so flight number top center, route and ETOPS airports. To the left is the ETE, block, min and Asob. Right side has the alternate. Then random scribbles until the tray table unfolds for dinner.
View attachment 74089
Just curious as I’m not Airbus educated - Does your plane (A330??) have a spot in the FMS to enter multiple alternates?

Just curious as I’m not Airbus educated - Does your plane (A330??) have a spot in the FMS to enter multiple alternates?

Not directly. But you can store a bunch of flight plans (not the secondary flight plan feature) so some guys build in multiple altetnates that way

Old picture I had to zoom in on.

Flight number (now I put red sharpie H on the heavy)
Block/min - ATIS/DEP Freq (on Atlantic I put track and TMI)

ETOPS and any other alternates

Arrival airport
Plan/min fuel
Gate

On top is names of my crew since I am bad with names. Before push when we get numbers I add SOB just in case I need it quickly.

5BCBB05A-B8B7-4F5F-A2EB-1F3C41C2B964.jpeg

Had a UA jump seater today who was surprised that the company provides pads of our TOLD cards for us (we just get ‘em off the stack in the crew room, I keep a couple in my bag) vs having to provide our own scratch paper. I was kinda surprised that mainline doesn’t do what we do.

Had a UA jump seater today who was surprised that the company provides pads of our TOLD cards for us (we just get ‘em off the stack in the crew room, I keep a couple in my bag) vs having to provide our own scratch paper. I was kinda surprised that mainline doesn’t do what we do.
I miss SkyWest TOLD cards but after about a month of not using it I realized I didn’t really need it.

I’ve been known to build RTE2 in the Boeing (not answering your question here of course). Most people look at me like “oh look at the big brain on brad” or more likely, “what is this dum dum wasting his time on?”. But one day, I will be vindicated when i select and execute, rather than having to finger **** on a missed

Back