Technique Only…

You guys are giving me such great ideas about what I can add to my list of "really bizarre guy" flight deck eccentricities. Great news......we own a laminating machine. I feel like there is so much I can do with this previously forgotten tool. But first things first. Need to stock up on holiday themed ties.

You guys are giving me such great ideas about what I can add to my list of "really bizarre guy" flight deck eccentricities. Great news......we own a laminating machine. I feel like there is so much I can do with this previously forgotten tool. But first things first. Need to stock up on holiday themed ties.

So….to be faaaaaiiiiiiirrrr…..

At southernjets we have an internal turbulence prediction system that was inherited from NWA. Super accurate because of almost 70 years of data that was collected, in and in the old days, manually. The TP data was included in the WX brief, and the each entry described an area or line of expected turbulence, intensity, cause and direction of movement. It also had other weather threats as well, but turbulence was its primary function, and areas of known wave activity were pre designated. Even our Jepp high charts were tailored with the wave areas.

At NWA we had pads of blank “TP charts” that you would sketch the TPs on prior to flight. Even on the DC-9. It was allowable to use the secondary flight plan function in the FMS to sketch them out, rather than drawing.

Fast forward to the merger. They kept the TP system, but not the pads of blank charts, so no real way to jot the information down. So I shrunk an old one down, laminated it and used dry erase mark the TPs. Worked great.

That said, the day the TPs showed up on our EFB weather app was the day my little card got retired.

So….to be faaaaaiiiiiiirrrr…..

At southernjets we have an internal turbulence prediction system that was inherited from NWA. Super accurate because of almost 70 years of data that was collected, in and in the old days, manually. The TP data was included in the WX brief, and the each entry described an area or line of expected turbulence, intensity, cause and direction of movement. It also had other weather threats as well, but turbulence was its primary function, and areas of known wave activity were pre designated. Even our Jepp high charts were tailored with the wave areas.

At NWA we had pads of blank “TP charts” that you would sketch the TPs on prior to flight. Even on the DC-9. It was allowable to use the secondary flight plan function in the FMS to sketch them out, rather than drawing.

Fast forward to the merger. They kept the TP system, but not the pads of blank charts, so no real way to jot the information down. So I shrunk an old one down, laminated it and used dry erase mark the TPs. Worked great.

That said, the day the TPs showed up on our EFB weather app was the day my little card got retired.

Is there any way to go into that software system, and turn turbulence colors down one or two shades? So that way Delta pilots can call light turbulence just light turbulence, instead of the moderate they keep reporting? :)

@Skåning Take-off landing distance card. Different shops have their own formats but basically the V speed numbers and super important information in the event of V1 cut that the FE would calculate, scribble on this paper and then pass up the to two meat servos.

Here's one from one of the part 142 sim centers, and coming out of the school house - there's a 100% this will be a V1 cut, delay vectors, the weather will improve to about 700 & 2, enough to come back to JFK on the ILS 4L, circle 31R.

1696008178492.png

That’s why Alec’s uncle wants errythang written down…
Dude, at one point…prob 2012-2015, I could tell you what the standard clearance would be for every route that we flew. It was something

I can still tell you that if you’re departing/landing inside SEA Center airspace, the transponder code will be 46xx or 47xx.

Dude, at one point…prob 2012-2015, I could tell you what the standard clearance would be for every route that we flew. It was something

I can still tell you that if you’re departing/landing inside SEA Center airspace, the transponder code will be 46xx or 47xx.
That sounds like me and JNU-ANC or ANC-JNU

Back