Tired of negative posts

I got 1.5 million miles to spend on Alaska. Combination of the credit card for like 30 years and Gold 75K for my last five years at brown. They have treated me well over the years and I think they have a great product. I'll pull for the hourly's to get a better contract every time but I'd rather fly Alaska than anyone else. I'm a little bummed that I can't use the miles for business class to Thailand but we'll figure something out.

I got 1.5 million miles to spend on Alaska. Combination of the credit card for like 30 years and Gold 75K for my last five years at brown. They have treated me well over the years and I think they have a great product. I'll pull for the hourly's to get a better contract every time but I'd rather fly Alaska than anyone else. I'm a little bummed that I can't use the miles for business class to Thailand but we'll figure something out.

We don't have a partner airline that goes there?

Yeah. But when you try to book it at the partner airline it only shows a coach fare even though the mileage plane webpage suggests there is a business class fare. I need to call rather than use the internet on this one.

Yeah. But when you try to book it at the partner airline it only shows a coach fare even though the mileage plane webpage suggests there is a business class fare. I need to call rather than use the internet on this one.

Don't quote me, but I believe this is a software limitation they are trying to fix. In the meantime, I do believe it takes a phone call to get the business fare booked with miles.

Alaskan ruined the Safety Dance song for me 😡

I'll go against the grain here. VX started the trend of something cool/hip, but only for the first few viewings. Other airlines copied the trend and since then, the safety demonstrations have delved into ludicrous videos that have anything but to do with airplane safety. United is probably the worst offender. Last I saw, some auditorium to Scotland golf cart to sledding dogs, and all sorts of nonsense that didn't go together in any coherent fashion. But they check the boxes of what's required to be shown and it gets FAA approved.

I'll go against the grain here. VX started the trend of something cool/hip, but only for the first few viewings. Other airlines copied the trend and since then, the safety demonstrations have delved into ludicrous videos that have anything but to do with airplane safety. United is probably the worst offender. Last I saw, some auditorium to Scotland golf cart to sledding dogs, and all sorts of nonsense that didn't go together in any coherent fashion. But they check the boxes of what's required to be shown and it gets FAA approved.

Are these new trends in order to try and get/keep pax attention to safety brief videos?

Unrelated, I’m over in Korea and was watching your former gun with an airplane attached to it flying around. That looks like fun.

My old squadron there I believe is going to be the last of those birds, as their retirement begins now. Can still remember tooling around the peninsula and the offshore islands over there low level way back in the day. Wonder if my old assigned tail number 81-0973 is still kicking around over there. Was the last of the European I / Lizard paint scheme jets.

IMG_1779.jpeg
IMG_1813.jpeg

Ours is very boring now. You’re welcome, party pooper.

Back