Tired of negative posts

We have a flight attendant who is pushing 70 years old and has been in the business a while. She manages to make unbelievably outstanding coffee on the 145.

She is insufferably chatty during an oh 500 van ride, but goddamn the coffee is amazing. I don’t know how she does it, because no other flight attendant at our company can do that.

I honestly do not want to know how.

We have a flight attendant who is pushing 70 years old and has been in the business a while. She manages to make unbelievably outstanding coffee on the 145.

She is insufferably chatty during an oh 500 van ride, but goddamn the coffee is amazing. I don’t know how she does it, because no other flight attendant at our company can do that.

I honestly do not want to know how.
On my last flight to Tokyo we had an 80 year old FA the others called Minus One. Because she was minus one for manpower for them. I watched on the cockpit camera how she couldn’t move a cart by herself to block the door and watched her punch numbers indiscriminately on the door code box with no luck. She also stole open bottles of wine from the first class FAs because she couldn’t open bottles herself.

Sorry, was this the tired of negative news thread?

On my last flight to Tokyo we had an 80 year old FA the others called Minus One. Because she was minus one for manpower for them. I watched on the cockpit camera how she couldn’t move a cart by herself to block the door and watched her punch numbers indiscriminately on the door code box with no luck. She also stole open bottles of wine from the first class FAs because she couldn’t open bottles herself.

Sorry, was this the tired of negative news thread?

Your shop's former number 1 was in her 80s when she was finally let go because for the second time she commuted in to SFO from Seattle, thought she'd already flown her HKG trip, and got right back on the flight to Seattle.

I need to try that trick.
1697204680157.gif

There is a guy, Mithridates the Great, ruler of the Pontic empire, who was one of Rome's great adversaries. He was famous for, among other things, realizing if you take a little bit of poison every day you can build up your resistance to said poison. A rather useful insight as regicide in that area was done mostly via poisoning. At parties, he would chug a goblet with enough poison to take out the entire room as a party trick.

....I'm pretty sure drinking airplane coffee is the same thing for us. Between that and somehow every single deadhead sitting next to that one guy who is blowing his nose and coughing, we should be invulnerable.

(Anecdotally, "The Poison King" about his life reads like a GOT season (pre season 6) and totally worth the read.)

There is a guy, Mithridates the Great, ruler of the Pontic empire, who was one of Rome's great adversaries. He was famous for, among other things, realizing if you take a little bit of poison every day you can build up your resistance to said poison. A rather useful insight as regicide in that area was done mostly via poisoning. At parties, he would chug a goblet with enough poison to take out the entire room as a party trick.

....I'm pretty sure drinking airplane coffee is the same thing for us. Between that and somehow every single deadhead sitting next to that one guy who is blowing his nose and coughing, we should be invulnerable.

(Anecdotally, "The Poison King" about his life reads like a GOT season (pre season 6) and totally worth the read.)
Sounds very familiar when compared to say, Whitey "conquering" 'Murica.

I got giardia once, and it was highly suspected, but never proven that it was from airplane water.

BTW, you don't want it. Parasites are notoriously hard to be rid of, even the pedestrian versions.
Ain't nothin' pedestrian about Giardia. That bug can leave you writhing around on the ground like a reptile, completely unable to walk.

Given the new "editing limitations"... someone give me a Harumph!... I was unable to complete my previous post.

I'll continue here:

Ain't nothin' pedestrian about Giardia. That bug can leave you writhing around on the ground like a reptile, completely unable to walk.

Ain't nothin' pedestrian about most awh-it-ain't-nothin' diseases. We are currently about 5 minutes from reversion to the freaking middle ages. It wasn't until 1909 that Paul Ehrlich discovered arsphenamine. That was likely the first of "scientific" antibiotics. In 1928 Alexander Fleming accidentally discovered that the fungus, Penicillium notatum, killed the Staphylococcus bacteria.

And it wasn't until the 1940s that the "cillin" antibiotics were produced industrially to serve a mass of scrows and allow them to live to reproduce and create the mass of scrows who now deride medical science as "Fake News".

Since then, our industrial -more-is-better- industrial-profit culture has, for profit, forfeited the benefits of those antibiotics by prophylactically pumping them into chickens and other meat-destined animals so that WE delightful humans can purchase Jeebus Chicken Tenders from Chick-FU for ONLY TWO FIDDY!!!

Only 80 years to trash one of the most significant medical advances ever made!

So, yeah, real soon like, a small cut on your finger will again be fully capable of killing you.

But that's ok, humanity. Like every other important thing, you'll'll miss this one, too. Y'all will be too busy getting enraged and blaming vaccines and da gubmin't for puttin' chips in yer noggins.

Well DONE, Capitalism. Well done.

Last edited:
Back